Croomia pauciflora Torr. (Stemonaceae). Illustration by Bobbi Angell.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The abstract submission period is closed.
Please join us for
MONOCOTS V: 5th International Conference on Comparative Biology of Monocotyledons (incorporating the 6th international symposium on grass systematics and evolution)
July 7-13, 2013
The New York Botanical Garden & Fordham University. The scientific program will include symposia, contributed papers and posters, and workshops. Optional activities will include a ticketed banquet, tours of the science campus of The New York Botanical Garden, and post-conference field trips to botanically interesting sites in the region.
Air-conditioned dormitories will be available at the Rose Hill Campus of Fordham University across the street from the Botanical Garden.
•February 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) - Online registration commences at this website, with early bird rates. To register, click on the "Register Now" button in the upper right corner of this page.
• April 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST - Early bird registration ends.
•May 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST - July 6, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Regular registration period.
•July 7, 2013, 12:00 AM EST - July 12, 2013, 8:30 AM EST - Onsite registration period.
•Important Notes on Using the Online Registration System
•Monocots V Program Overview
•Banquet Address by P. Barry Tomlinson
•Number of Abstracts Allowable
•THE Call for Symposia IS NOW CLOSED. Accepted Symposia. Accepted Symposia Schedule by Day.
•February 1, 2013 , 12:00 AM EST- April 15, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Abstract submission period for accepted symposia presentations, contributed papers (not part of accepted symposia) and posters via the online registration program. Contributed papers that are not part of accepted symposia will be organized into sessions by topic. Example abstract. Abstract format.
• Notice of Acceptance of Submitted Abstracts
• Poster Presentation Guidelines
•Poster printing is not available at the conference but is available at a Staples store near to the Fordham University campus.
POST-CONFERENCE FIELD TRIPS
• Join the region's foremost field botanists on all-day explorations of the Hudson Highlands of New York or the Pine Barrens of New Jersey.
•Fordham University Residence Halls, across the street from The New York Botanical Garden. Air-conditioned accommodations will be available for booking via online registration during the period February 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST - May 31, 2013, 11:59 PM EST. No accommodations in the Fordham residence halls can be booked via registrations submitted after May 31, 2013 AT 11:59 PM EST.
• Food During the Conference and Area Eateries
• Printed Abstract Book
• Conference T-shirt
• Addresses for Fordham University and The New York Botanical Garden
• Travel Instructions from New York City Airports
• The Metro-North Railroad, Harlem Line (commuter rail), running between Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan and points north of New York City, has stops at both Fordham University's Rose Hill Campus ("Fordham" station) and The New York Botanical Garden ("Botanical Garden" station).
• Weather in New York City in July
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
•October 15, 2012, 11:59 PM EST - Deadline for symposia proposals.
•December 2012 - Notifications of acceptance or rejection of symposia proposals will be sent to proposers.
•February 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST - Online registration, abstract submission, and reservation of accomodations in the Fordham University residence halls opens at this website.
•April 15, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Deadline for abstract submissions.
•April 30, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Early-bird registration ends.
•May 31, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Reservations for accommodations in the Fordham dormitories closes.
•July 6, 2013, 11:59 PM EST - Regular regisration period ends.
•July 7, 2013, 12:00 AM EST - July 12, 8:30 AM EST -- Onsite registration period.
•Monocots V Organizing Committee
• If you need an invitation letter
• Information for using The New York Botanical Garden Steere Herbarium
• Offerings & Events at The New York Botanical Garden in July 2013
• ILOVENY - Visiting New York City in July 2013