PLEASE READ PRIOR TO BEGINNING YOUR APPLICATION:
Introductory Letter: Please take a minute to read the Ta'am Yisrael 2013 Introductory Letter.
Completed by Parents: This online registration form must be completed by a parent/guardian and may not be completed by the registrant him/herself.
Avoid Losing Your Work: This online registration form will take approximately 20-25 minutes to complete, and should be completed in one sitting in order to prevent losing your work. (Leaving this form unattended for more than two hours will cause it to "time out," requiring you to start over.)
Passport Information: Please list the registrant’s name as it appears on his/her passport or passport application. If he/she does not have a passport or has not yet applied, enter the same name that will be used when subsequently applying for a passport, as that is the name that will be used for the airline ticket. Changing the name on an airline ticket incurs a significant fee from the airlines, which will be passed along to the registrant's family.
Emergency Contacts: Prior to starting, please make sure to have handy the contact information (home phone, cell phone, email) for two different emergency contacts other than the registrant's parents. Please verify in advance that your emergency contacts are willing to serve in this capacity.
Confidentiality: All information will be kept confidential.
Verify email addresses: Please make sure that all e-mail addresses you enter are valid and are checked on a regular basis. If your e-mail address changes at any time, please update your form accordingly, as email will be our primary mode of communication with participant families.
Photo: You will be asked to upload a small head shot photo of the applicant. Please submit photos of participant only, not of participant in a group with others.
Scholarship Form: Families in need of financial assistance may complete the Ta'am Yisrael scholarship form, posted at www.taamyisrael.org. Scholarship form should be submitted no later than four weeks after completing your online registration.
Email: Please add @cfje.org and email@example.com to your safe senders. You will receive a confirmation email from them as well as email updates from us.
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
The CFJE reserves the right to make any and all decisions regarding the acceptance of applicants.
If the CFJE decides not to go forward with the experience for any reason, the CFJE has no future
obligations to these applicants or their families and all monies towards the trip will be refunded.
- All Chicagoland area eighth grade students are eligible to apply to attend Ta’am Yisrael.
- Participants are expected to be enrolled in and complete a continuing Jewish educational program throughout their 8th and 9th grade years.
- Participant will be required to submit all application materials by the designated dates outlined in the Ta'am Yisrael 2013 Registration Timeline, which can be found at www.taamyisrael.org. All deadlines are final. Items not submitted on time may place acceptance at risk.
- All information provided in all components of the Ta’am Yisrael application must be truthful, complete, and accurate. Submitting inaccurate or incomplete information, or omitting health or medication information which could affect a participant’s experience on Ta'am Yisrael, may place acceptance at risk, or be grounds for early dismissal from the program.
- Each participant and a parent must have a personal interview with CFJE staff. Parent and child must attend together.
- Participant is required to abide by the Ta’am Yisrael code of conduct. A copy of the code of conduct can be found at www.taamyisrael.org.
- Participant and parent are required to participate in all scheduled participant and participant/parent orientations, respectively, per the schedule established by CFJE. The full list of orientation meetings can be found at www.taamyisrael.org.
- Participant is required to participate in post-Ta'am Yisrael evaluative survey following his/her participation in the program.
- Preference will be given to students attending CFJE-affiliated institutions.
- Final date for acceptance of applications, pending availability, is October 15, 2012.