Below you will see that we offer a BISC-MI Member Rate
and a Non-Member rate
Anyone can join BISC-MI and receive the discounted conference rate!
Click the BISC-MI logo below to join and immediately benefit from the discounted rate
* Join Now *
Lunch as noted on the agenda is included in the conference cost
Early Registration Deadline is 4-6-2007!!!
Click here for the training brochure
The training consists of the following topic areas:
- Chemical dependency and its influence on men’s behavior
- Innovative strategies for effective parenting
- Working toward systems of accountability
- Practical approaches for interventions with men who batter
This training is designed to give batterer intervention service providers, as well as domestic violence advocates and those doing outreach programs, tools to understand and work with batterers. Ted will explore how men and boys are socialized to view women as having less value than men and how this can contribute to violence against women.
Participants will learn:
- New skills to improve your program
- To communicate batterer intervention program values and ideas to community members in an innovative and social justice discussion
- Different talking points on new ways to frame batterer intervention issues to facilitate social awareness and increase community support of your program
- How to incorporate concepts of bystander interventions within your program and community