The Iowa Economic Development Authority/Iowa Downtown Resource Center, Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs/State Historic Preservation Office and Preservation Iowa are joining forces to present the inaugural Preserve Iowa Summit. Join us Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 in Burlington, Iowa.
This event, which will take the place of the Iowa Downtown Summit, Statewide Historic Preservation Conference and Preservation Awards Dinner, will be the only statewide annual conference for professionals and volunteers involved in historic preservation and historic commercial district revitalization in Iowa.
Network with people who recognize the importance of downtown revitalization and historic preservation at a pre-conference gathering the evening of August 21. Then learn how historic preservation can give you the tools to discover, retain, and enhance your community’s sense of place with general sessions, concurrent breakout sessions and tour options that will be held throughout the day Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. The conference will also include a reception on Thursday evening and Awards Dinner on Friday night.
Sessions will highlight:
• Financial & planning tools to revitalize neighborhoods and downtowns
• Economic benefits of preservation at the local level
• How preservation can help sustain a sense of place in all communities
Who should attend?
• Preservation professionals, consultants & advocates
• Planning professionals
• Local government officials
• Community leaders & civic organizations
• Real estate developers
• Architects (learning units are available)
• Citizens interested in their community’s quality of life
• Historic Preservation Commission members
• Main Street volunteers and staff
Become a sponsor of the inaugural Preserve Iowa Summit: Sponsor Information [pdf]
The Preserve Iowa Summit Exhibit Hall will be open on Thursday and Friday. Find out how you can become an Exhibitor [pdf]!
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 12. After August 12, you may attend the Preserve Iowa Summit by registering on site.
- Early/Online General Attendee Registration: $125 per person until August 8
- On-site Registration/Registration after August 1: $155 per person (cash or check only—credit cards cannot be processed on site)
Special rates for Designated Main Street members, Certified Local Government, Preservation Iowa members and the Host Community.LEARNING UNITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR AIA MEMBERS. (Be sure to indicate that you are an AIA member when you register.) By attending this event AIA members will earn one AIA/CES Learning Units for each hour of continuing education where applicable. Refer to each workshop/tour description for applicable continuing education credit information. AIA Iowa is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to CES Records for AIA members.
Take a moment to explore the sights and sounds of Burlington in the 2013 Community Guide.
2013 Preserve Iowa Summit
Thursday, August 22, 2013 - Saturday, August 24, 2013
310 Jefferson St.