Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA) Membership
Download CASDA Articles of Membership
On behalf of the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA) Board of Directors, we invite you to join and support CASDA by completing this online membership application.
As a member of CASDA you will become aligned with a coalition of like-minded organizations and individuals committed to a national shared leadership movement that will:
- Advocate for the creation of a National ASD Strategy;
- Work with federal partners towards the development of a National ASD Strategy;
- Monitor the implementation of a National ASD Strategy.
STATEMEMENT OF AGREEMENT
CASDA is a group of organizations and individuals that share the common belief that Canada needs a National ASD Strategy within our federal government. The Board of Directors is dedicated to representing and working on behalf of CASDA’s members, according to the Articles of Membership . CASDA’s Board of Directors is committed to building on the 2007 Senate Report “Pay Now or Pay Later: Autism Families in Crisis” and ensuring those goals are met. CASDA’s position paper is a work in progress and represents items that need to be part of a National ASD Strategy. Member input is encouraged and valued. By joining CASDA it ensures issues of mutual importance are being brought to the attention of our federal government. It is imperative that we work together, in the spirit of shared leadership, to create a greater voice for the autism community and their families.
The VISION of CASDA is that all Canadians living with an ASD have full and equal access to the resources they require to achieve their full potential.
The GOALS of CASDA are to:
- Advocate for a National ASD Strategy with a collective and consistent message;
- Work in partnership with the federal government to develop a National ASD Strategy;
- Provide a strong, collaborative voice so as to have input into a National ASD Strategy;
- Ensure the successful implementation of a comprehensive National ASD Strategy that addresses critical gaps in funding and policies;
- Endorse the right of all individuals living with an ASD, and their families, to exercise their equal rights as Canadians.
THE BENEFITS OF BELONGING
Members of CASDA receive the following benefits:
- The ability to advocate with a strong, collaborative, unified voice;
- Participation in a national shared leadership movement;
- Your name proudly displayed on CASDA’s bilingual website which shares information on activities and developments as well as calls for action;
- Regular updates through the CASDA e-newsletter;
- Public profile on all marketing and exhibit materials supporting the work of the Alliance.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONMembership to CASDA is open to autism organizations and individuals that abide by the spirit of the vision and goals of CASDA and agree in principal and practice to the Statement of Agreement above.
|Autism Organization (service provider or advocacy groups)|
|Operating budget less than $1 million||$100|
|Operating budget between $ 1 -5 million||$150|
|Operating budget over $5 million||$200|
|Autism Research Group and Consortium||$100|
|Friends of CASDA/Individual/Student||$50|