Strong Girls and Wise Women:
Sustaining Feminism for the Future
By drawing upon the legacy and energy of our feminist foremothers, we will explore the well-being of girls and women of all gender expressions and identities throughout the lifespan. From within a feminist psychological context, we will examine research, therapy, community work, activism and advocacy. Throughout the conference we will highlight the voices of those who have often been silenced, including girls and older women, and we will emphasize dreams, accomplishments, and wisdom. We will explore the lives of girls and women of varying cultural backgrounds, examining how our intersecting identities afford us different advantages and adversities. Join us for a celebration of our feminist foremothers’ victories for social change and a forging of new pathways for future generations of feminists, all the while recognizing the tensions that can arise when doing intergenerational feminist work. We seek to explore these tensions in a context that fosters growth and the development of mutual understanding. While we will focus on the lives of girls and women, we explicitly welcome all voices to the conversation, regardless of gender identity.
Important information regarding the registration process:
- If you attended the 2015 AWP Conference, you may sign in using the same email address and password used last year. You may access your registration record to make changes at any time using your email address and password.
- If you choose to join AWP or renew your membership now (option available on the next page), you may choose to register at the AWP Member registration rate. Type MEMBER in the box below.
- Registration for the full conference includes: Thursday's welcome reception; Friday afternoon's Celebrating Wise Women event; Friday evening's entertainment and the traditional dance; and Saturday morning's light continental breakfast.
- Early Registration discounts are available when registration is completed on or before January 30, 2016. This discount will be applied automatically based on the date you register.
- All registrations will include an opportunity to sign up for Pre-Conference Workshops. There will be an additional charge for Thursday's Pre-Conference Workshops.
- If you wish to register for the Thursday Pre-Conference Workshops ONLY, choose the "Pre-Conference Only" registration type.
- Students and individuals with limited means have the opportunity to apply to be a volunteer. Those who are accepted as volunteers will volunteer four hours of their time in return for a reduced registration rate. Slots will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to complete the volunteer application form at http://www.awppgh.com/2016/?page_id=51 and complete the volunteer application form when it is available.
- Registrants can also request scholarship aid in the form of reduced hotel rates. Preference will be given to individuals with limited means who are presenting at the conference. If you would like information about scholarship aid for the conference, please visit the conference website at http://www.awppgh.com/2016/?page_id=53 to find information and request scholarship support. Requests for scholarships will not be processed through this registration page, rather through the conference website.
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) attend the conference for free. Registration for Dependents and Partners is available for a small fee.
- Registration will include an opportunity to contribute to the scholarship fund.
- You will have an opportunity to sign up for the New Member Breakfast. This breakfast is free to new members who have joined AWP since the 2015 conference.
- For more information about the program schedule, hotel, and local attractions, visit the conference website http://awppgh.com/2016/
- Follow us on Twitter @AWPPGH or Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/awppgh/) to keep up-to-date on what's happening at this year's conference!
- Email general questions and registration concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.