July 24 - 27, 2011
Palmer House Hilton Hotel
A joint conference between the Association of Midwest Museums,
the Illinois Association of Museums and the Visitors Studies Association
TWO CONFERENCES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
Once again, the Association of Midwest Museums (AMM) has entered into another creative collaboration to present a unique conference experience. In addition to partnering with the Illinois Association of Museums (IAM), AMM has forged a partnership with the Visitors Studies Association (VSA) to present concurrent conferences in Chicago, Illinois. AMM and IAM will present Museumpalooza while VSA will present a concurrent conference, Sustaining a Community of Learners. While AMM/IAM and VSA will have separate conference programs, all registrants will have access to all sessions and can register for any workshops sponsored by AMM/IAM or VSA. Thus, AMM/IAM registrants can attend any VSA session or conference and vice versa. The three museum associations will share a Resource Hall and have scheduled joint evening events. This collaboration will provide all attendees with a richer conference program and expanded networking opportunities with a broader spectrum of museum professionals – these two benefits will create an enhanced conference experience for everyone. The registration fees for both conferences have been aligned so that all fee structures are identical for both conferences. The primary benefit for everyone is that all registrants will have access to two conferences for the price of one conference! To view a list of VSA sessions and workshops, visit page 36 of the Conference Preliminary Program.
1. Early Bird Registration will end on June 17, 2011, but you can still register online until July 8, 2011. After July 8, 2011, on-site Registration will be accepted for an additional $20 fee.
2. If you are interested in becoming an AMM or IAM member or renewing your membership, please select the membership registration of your choice. You'll be able to select your membership type before you complete your registration. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact Rachel Drochter at (314) 746-4557 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you select a member rate and do not have current membership or do not purchase membership, you will be contacted and asked to either purchase a membership or pay the non-member rate.
3. Volunteering at the AMM Conference is a great way to cut costs, take part in professional development and benefit others all at the same time. We need volunteers to help at the registration table, staff concurrent sessions, monitor the silent auction, and help with general conference activities. Students and professionals from small institutions are encouraged to volunteer. Volunteer shifts are scheduled in half-day increments. For each half day you work, you may attend the rest of the sessions that day for FREE. If you are planning to attend more than one day of sessions, we encourage you to volunteer for two or more shifts.
Volunteers should be available for a training session on Sunday, July 24th from 9:00 am - 11:00 at the Palmer House Hilton. If you plan to volunteer, but are unable to attend the training session, please let us know. Volunteers must make their own arrangements for transportation and accommodations. All volunteers should register through single-day registration. Deadline for volunteer registration is July 8, 2011. If you plan to volunteer, please do not proceed with online registration - fill out the paper form of the Registration Form and Volunteer Application. A pdf of the Registration Form can be downloaded at http://www.midwestmuseums.org/pdfs/2011_Registration_Form.pdf. The Volunteer Application Form can be downloaded at http://www.midwestmuseums.org/pdfs/2011%20Volunteer%20Registration%20Form.pdf. There is a limited number of volunteer opportunity and they are available on a first come, first available basis.
4. Please be sure you have all information correct before you checkout. You will have to contact the AMM Office for any changes that may need to be made to your registration. Registration can be paid by check, credit card (Visa or Mastercard), or through PayPal. Check payments must be received within 1 week of online registration. Credit cards will not be processed online, so please be sure to contact the AMM office within 1 week of online registration to provide credit card information.
5. Please be sure to complete your registration once you begin as incomplete registrations will not be processed.
6. Registrations will also be accepted through the mail (AMM Conference Registration, PO Box 11940, St. Louis, MO 63112), by fax (314-746-4569) or as a PDF attachment to email@example.com.
7. Please print out a copy of your receipt and bring it with you to the registration desk at the AMM conference.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Drochter at (314) 746-4557 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museumpalooza - 2011 AMM/IAM Conference
Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:00 PM - Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:00 PM (Central Time)
17 East Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603