Skip to Main Content
Social Artistry Summer Leadership Institute 2012
Sunday, August 05, 2012
Social Artistry Summer Leadership Institute 2012
Sunday, August 05, 2012 3:00 PM -
Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Southern Oregon University
1250 Siskiyou Boulevard
Ashland, OR 97520
Map and Directions
includes single-occupancy lodging with shared bath, all meals from August 5 dinner through August 12 lunch, teaching, materials and activities.
Pay in full by May 1, 2012 and save $500 ($2,495)!
Deduct $140 for a double room.
Deduct $385 if you stay offsite.
Deduct $180 if you provide your own meals.
See the "Agenda" tab, above, for our tentative event outline.
The final, detailed program schedule will be available at event check-in.
The program fee includes single-occupancy, shared bath lodging at Southern Oregon University (SOU) in lovely, air conditioned apartments, each with four bedrooms, a living room with kitchen and two bathrooms. Overflow and requests for double occupancy will be in a standard campus dormitory hall with air conditioned rooms and shared bathrooms "down the hall."
Check in time is 3 - 5:30PM on August 5, check out time is 12 - 1:30PM on August 12.
All your meals from dinner on August 5 through lunch on August 12, seven nights' lodging (unless you opt to be a commuter and stay off campus) and applicable taxes are included in the event fee.
If you are interested in arriving a day or two early or staying after the program, please contact us at 541-482-4240 for more information and to make your reservation. Please note that ALL add-on days must be arranged in advance.
If you choose to find your own accommodations,
to download a list of nearby lodging in MS Word format.
• Attire is casual and comfortable. Temperatures in Ashland range from the 50’s at night to the low 80’s during the day in August. The meeting space is air conditioned so bring clothing you can layer. We will have a celebratory dinner on our last evening and be going to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival on another evening, so you might like to bring something special or festive to wear for those occasions.
• You will be given a name tag when you arrive and we ask that you wear it to all sessions.
• Please bring your favorite writing and art materials.
• You will be able to order tapes and/or CDs created by Jean’s sound engineer, Paul Briggs, so please don’t bring any personal recording devices.
• Continuing Education Units will be available for MFCC and LCSW. Actual credit hours, cost and sign-up forms will be available at registration.
As has been a tradition in the past, we will have a silent auction to benefit the Social Artistry work of the Jean Houston Foundation. Please feel free to bring something to include in the auction. It can be something valuable or something ordinary, something funny or something filled with myth and meaning -- be creative to support a very worthy cause!
• In an effort to lower our impact, please bring a water bottle (that you can refill) or other re-usable drinking vessel for water, coffee and/or tea.
• You may want to bring walking shoes, layers of clothing, sunscreen, alarm clock, flashlight, hair dryer and bath products.
• To respect other participants with heightened sensitivities we ask that you avoid using any perfumes and strong scents while at the sessions.
• Free, wireless internet access is available in the lounges in Cox Hall, but it is not available in the sleeping areas. The common areas such as the library and student center also have strong signals.
Coin-operated washers and dryers are available on the bottom floor of Cox Hall.
There are pay phones located in various places on campus as well as on the bottom floor of Cox Hall. We recommend bringing your cell phone if you have one, or calling cards for long distance calls on the pay phones.
Smoking is not permitted in any campus buildings. It is permitted in designated areas of the campus only.
If you are driving or renting a car and want to park in the campus parking lots, you may purchase a parking permit ($27 for the week) at the time you check into your room. Public street parking is available but may be more of a walk (1-3 blocks).
Southern Oregon University is located at 1250 Siskiyou Boulveard, Ashland, OR 97520.
ARRIVING BY AIR: The closest airport is Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (MFR), 30 minutes north of Ashland by car. We strongly suggest that you schedule your incoming flight to arrive by 3PM to allow time to register and settle into your room before dinner. In addition to car rentals, there are taxi and shuttle services available. For more detailed information about Medford Airport, please
VISIT THEM ONLINE
(located in the terminal)
Cascade Airport Shuttle
From Northbound or Southbound I-5
: Take the OR-66 exit, EXIT 14, toward ASHLAND/KLAMATH FALLS. If coming from the South, at the end of the ramp turn LEFT onto OR-66/ASHLAND ST/GREEN SPRINGS HWY. From the North, turn right at the stop sign. Continue to follow OR-66/ASHLAND ST. for approximately 1.3 miles until you reach Walker Avenue. Turn left on Walker and go one block to Siskiyou Boulevard. Turn right on Siskiyou. Take the very next left (comes up fast) onto Frances Lane. Immediately on your right is the parking lot for Cox Hall. Thirty minute parking is allowed. Come in the front entrance (toward the right side of the building). There will be signs.
The tuition includes a $1,000 non-refundable administrative fee. In the event the Jean Houston Foundation cancels the event, all monies paid will be refunded or credited forward for up to 12 months at your option. Should you cancel your participation on or before July 1, 2012, all but the non-refundable portion of any fees paid will be credited to another Jean Houston Foundation program within 12 months of cancellation. After July 1, 2012, 50% of the amount paid over the non-refundable portion will be credited to a future Jean Houston Foundation program within 12 months. If you cancel after July 15, 2012, no credit is due. Special circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Don't miss our pre-Institute Events at the
Social Artistry Summit and Congress
August 2-5, 2012
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Tell a Friend
Add to Calendar
Phone: (541) 482-4240, Email:
Payment in full is preferred. A minimum deposit of $1,300 is due at registration. If you choose to pay your balance in full by May 1, 2012, you save $500 off the total tuition. If you prefer to wait, the tuition balance is due in full by July 1, 2012.
To pay by VISA, MasterCard or American Express, choose "Credit Card" from the dropdown menu above and fill in the appropriate information.
To pay by check, choose "Check" in the dropdown menu above and complete your registration as instructed. Personal checks, bank drafts or money orders should be made payable to "Jean Houston Foundation" and mailed to PO Box 3330, Ashland, OR 97520. Please make sure "SA2012" and your name are noted conspicuously on the check to insure your account is credited properly.
Event Contact Information
Share on Facebook
Tweet this on Twitter
Update your LinkedIn Network
Your Privacy Rights
Quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for all event sizes.