CrossFit Competitor’s Course
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day with a one-hour lunch break (please arrive at 8:30 a.m. on Day 1 to check in at the registration desk).
What to bring:
• Pen and pencil
• Suitable clothes for working out
• Snacks and fluids
The CrossFit Competitor’s Course is designed for athletes, and the coaches of athletes, interested in competing in CrossFit competitions – local competitions, the Open, Regionals, or the CrossFit Games. This is an advanced course that builds on the CrossFit methodology, movement technique, and programming presented at the Level 1 Certificate Course and the CrossFit Coach’s Prep Course. Participation in the following Specialty Seminars will also provide an ideal foundation for this course: Gymnastics, Olympic Lifting, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, Mobility, Rowing, and Running.
The course is taught by top-level CrossFit Games athletes and coaches and will focus on all aspects to best prepare for an upcoming competition: programming, nutrition, mental preparation, movement technique, and workout analysis. Come prepared to participate in lectures, small-group training sessions and workouts. Peers and instructors will provide coaching, evaluation, and feedback in interactive lectures and small-group work. FULL attendance for all lectures and FULL participation in all workouts and breakouts is required in order to receive a certificate.
Click below to watch a video about the course:
[wmv] [mov] [HD mov]
• Identification of strengths and weaknesses for individuals or teams relative to overall fitness.
• Understanding of how best to program for strengths and weaknesses in preparation for a competition.
• Understanding of how to prepare physically and mentally for competition and workouts.
• Understanding how to apply nutrition to specific goals of competitors.
• Identification of efficient movement techniques for each CrossFit modality.
• Utilization of a template for strategy, warm-up, execution, and recovery of each workout – whether in training or competition.
• Completion of the Level 1 Trainer Course (Trainer Certificate or Certificate of Attendance).
• Personal interest in competing, or coaching athletes, in CrossFit competitions.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform the movements foundational to the CrossFit program; i.e., the 9 foundational movements, basic gymnastics (including all variations of pull-ups), muscle-ups, toes-to-bars, all variations of the Olympic lifts, the slow lifts, rowing, and running.
You will receive your certificate on site upon completion of the course.
Your final balance is due paid in full six weeks prior to the course. Please place a $250 deposit to secure your spot. You can continue to make payments as long as your balance is paid in full six weeks prior to the course or you will forfeit your spot.
If you are paying by check then you have two options for sending it to us:
P.O. Box 29869
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9869
Wells Fargo Lockbox
Ref: CrossFit, Inc. Box 29869
1305 W. 23rd St.
Tempe, AZ 85282
Please indicate who and what the payment is for and mail your deposit check right away. Your final balance is due paid in full six weeks prior to the course.