This workshop provides practical strategies, using case studies, for frontline providers and organizational leaders to achieve higher levels of quality, safety and efficiency in the perioperative setting. Participants will understand how to foster a culture of safety, successfully implement safety toolkits for the most common hospital-acquired infections and complications of care, and improve the teamwork and communications that are crucial to safe, effective care of surgical patients. Additionally, they will learn approaches for maintaining high-quality care while using resources efficiently.
This workshop will help participants to:
• understand the science of safety and the role that culture of safety plays in operating room improvement
• implement specific interventions to improve multidisciplinary teamwork and communication and how this can improve patient outcomes
• respond to the mandates of health care reform to deliver care more effectively, and with less associated cost, than in the past
• identify evidence-based bundles and toolkits to reduce preventable infections and complications commonly associated with perioperative care such as surgical site infections and wrong site surgery
• engage frontline staff to identify ways of implementing best practice in their unique OR environments.
Who Should Attend
Perioperative nurses, CRNAs, nurse managers, surgeons, anesthesiologists, patient safety officers, individuals moving into a safety oversight role, quality improvement professionals and risk managers
Cost: $595 per participant