NEW THIS YEAR
Pre-Conference (August 6)
Reproductive Life Planning & Motivational Interviewing Training: 8:30am-5pm
Storytelling for Change (half day pre-conference & evening event): 12:30pm-5pm
Main Conference (August 7 & 8)
THE KEYNOTE ADDRESS WILL BE MADE BY
DEAN OF UW-MILWAUKEE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
· Best Practices in Sexuality Education workshop
· LGBTQ+ inclusive education
· The Power of Storytelling workshop and event
· Using Technology to Promote Health workshops
· Reproductive Justice education and training
...All provided by local and national experts in the field of sexuality and sexual health!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, leaders, volunteers, and students of all experience levels who want to
· Make a difference in the sexual and reproductive health of youth, adults, elders, families, and communities in the Midwest.
· Address sexuality holistically and effectively in their communities
· Improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes
· Build skills and increase competencies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
You'll learn new ways to promote healthy sexuality across the lifespan through improved communication, best practices in health literacy, and innovative technologies.
Opportunities for learning and sharing include:
· Panel discussions
· Networking events
· Pre-conference workshops
· In-depth academic posters
· An expert keynote speaker
· Introductory and advanced main conference workshops
· A reception and storytelling event on the evening of Thursday, August 7
· Sexual Health Communication & Literacy
· Technology & Sexuality
· Health Care Provider Track (more information below)
Additional workshop descriptions and speaker bios will be posted as they become available.
$200** Full-Day Reproductive Life Planning &
Motivational Interviewing (August 6)
$150** Half-Day Storytelling Workshop (August 6)
$275** 2-day Main Conference (August 7 -8)
$200** 1-day of the Main Conference
(either August 7 or 8)
Health Care Provider Track (August 8)
Due to unhealthy social and cultural norms related to sexuality, ineffective and inconsistent sexuality education in schools, and harmful misinformation about sexuality circling among communities and families, many patients feel unsure, uncomfortable, and even unsafe discussing sexuality issues and sexual health concerns with their health care providers. By creating a confidential, nonjudgmental, and safe clinical experience for all patients, providers can more successfully provide the sexual and reproductive health care and health education that patients need to be safe, healthy, and strong! During the Health Care Provider Track at the main conference, workshops will be offered on the following topics:
· Taking an unbiased and nonjudgmental sexual health history, increasing the likelihood of patient disclosure of a range of sexual health behaviors, intimate relationships, and sexual identities with the ultimate goal of improving patient care
· Providing Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) related to sexual and reproductive health
· An effective and brief, clinic-based intervention for Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), including reproductive coercion
· Benefits and drawbacks of Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs), and effective patient counseling on these and other birth control options
Continuing Education for Nurses (RNs, NPs, and CNMs):
12.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education – including 6.0 contact hours for each day – This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
$225* for Pre-Conference ONLY ( August 6)
$225* for Health Care Provider Track ONLY (August 8)
If you plan to attend the FULL Main conference but
do not want to attend the Pre-Conference:
$100 for Main Conference Thursday Add-On (August 7)
SAVE $50 when you attend the Pre-Conference AND
the FULL Main Conference, including the Health
Care Provider Track!
$500 for Pre-Conference & FULL Main Conference
(including Health Care Provider Track) (August 6-8)
* Pre-Conference and Health Care Provider Track each include 6.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education
Brewhouse Inn & Suites
1215 N. 10th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53205
Group Rate has expired.
2308 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Group Rate has expired
Planned Parenthood of WI
Crystal Lund, Admin. Assistant
302 N. Jackson St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Student pricing is available. More information is available on the registration page.