FYI, below was the planned Agenda, but this event has now been canceled.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4
“Next Generation Innovation”
How is design and development changing in the face of increasing environmental concerns and a mixed global agenda?
• Charles Austen Angell, Founder & President, Modern Edge Inc., Chair-elect, Industrial Designers Society of America
“The Global Packaging Standard: A Cosmetic Brand Owner’s Perspective on Eliminating Waste and Implementing Effective Recycling Programs”
• Robert Combs, Project Leader, SCS Production Services – Packaging, Burt’s Bees
“A Materials Major’s Insight: Working with Processors to Achieve True Sustainability with DPET”
• Joe Barenberg, COO, Octal
“Effectively Combining Packaging Innovation & Sustainability”
• Dr. Joseph Hotchkiss, Dir. – Ctr. For Packaging Innovation & Sustainability, Michigan State University
“Using Social Media to Spread the Plastics Sustainability Message”
• Michael Brown, Owner, Packaging 2.0 (INVITED)
• Chandler Slavin, Sustainability Coordinator & Marketing Director, Dordan Manufacturing Co.
“Extended Producer Responsibility from the Perspective of an NGO”
• Conrad MacKerron, Sr. Program Director, Corporate Social Responsibility Program, As You Sow
“Status of Recycling Infrastructure”
• Lori Carson, Director of Commercial Operations, Phoenix Technologies International LLC
• Jillian Conway, Director of Customer Service & Sales, NextLife
“Market Outlook on Recycling Infrastructure in the United States”
• Warren Kim, Regional Sales Manager, Next Generation Recycling Machines Inc.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5
“Coca-Cola’s Packaging & Sustainability Goals”
• Karel Wendl, Sustainable Packaging Manager, Coca-Cola Co.
“Making Sustainable Plastic Packaging a Choice for Customers”
• Jeffrey Best, Director of Marketing, Spartech Corp.
“Best Buy’s Strategy to Reach Sustainability Goals”
• Leo Raudys, Sr. Director - Environmental Sustainability, Best Buy (INVITED)
“Energy Recovery: Importance, Initiatives and Involvement”
• Jeff Wooster, Global Sustainability Leader, Performance Packaging, Dow Chemical Co.
“Update on the Fight Against Bag Bans”
• Mark Daniels, VP - Sustainability & Environmental Policy, Hilex Poly Co. LLC
“Collaboration Between a University and a Moldmaker Under a USDA-funded Program”
• Jeff Cooper, Engineering Manager, R&D/Leverage
• David Grewell, Associate Professor of Agricultural & Biosystems engineering, Iowa State University