Skip to Main Content
2011 NEW ORLEANS C.A.R.E. Clinic
Monday, August 29, 2011
2011 NEW ORLEANS C.A.R.E. CLINIC
OUT OF TOWN VOLUNTEERS
ABOUT THE EVENT
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center
1201 Convention Center Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70130
Hotel Phone: 504-566-9990
Hotel Fax: 504-566-9997
Web Site –
The hotel is within short walking distance to and from the Convention Center.
The closest airport is New Orleans International (MSY) which is located 11 miles / 15 minutes from the hotel. The hotel does not offer a shuttle service. Taxi fare is estimated at $33.00 one way.
The hotel rate is $75.00 Single/Double and includes:
· Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms and lobby.
· Complimentary hot breakfast buffet
· Complimentary health club access
· Waived Phone access charges
To secure your reservations, please call 1-(866)-311-1200 or by asking for reservations at (504)-566-9990.
Please mention the National Association of Free Clinics (or group code NFC) when making your reservation to secure the discounted rate.
Reservation cut-off is on Friday, August 19, 2011.
The New Orleans C.A.R.E. Clinic needs both medical and non-medical volunteers!
Sign up today!
OUT OF STATE PRACTITIONER VOLUNTEERS
- Please see the documents below that you need to fill out and return to the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners either via email or fax. Please let us know when you have submitted the information to the Board so we may also send a letter from the NAFC supporting your request. Please fax a copy of your license to 866-875-3827 or you may scan and email it to
Special Event Permit Instructions.doc
Special Event Permit Application.doc
for information on temporary licensure or if you have any questions.
OUT OF STATE NURSES (RN)
- As a professional courtesy the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN) does not require nurses providing care in the state for a brief period of time to be licensed in the state
they do however require all out of state nurses to apply for a temporary license
. Please download a copy of the attached form, fill it out and fax the completed form, your license, and drivers license to 225-755-7581. Please also fax your license to 866-875-3827 or you may scan and email to
Please check the LSBN website approximately 48 hours after faxing in your application for approval at
to ensure you have been granted permission to practice.
DisasterPermitAffidavit out of state nursing form.pdf
At this time Louisiana does not allow out of state Nurse Practitioners to practice but NPs from OUT OF STATE may serve as a nurse on the clinic day.
MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS: THE NAFC HAS OBTAINED MALPRACTICE COVERAGE FOR THIS EVENT.
National Association of Free Clinics
1800 Diagonal Road Suite 600
Alexandria VA 22314
PATIENT APPOINTMENT PHONE LINE: 877-236-7617
Event Contact Information
Tell others about this event:
Share on Facebook
Tweet this on Twitter
Update your LinkedIn Network
RegOnline® by Lanyon is the quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for small and medium-sized events. The solution includes
event marketing tools
mobile event apps
online registration forms
Your Privacy Rights