Schedule, Workshops, and Speakers
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Lobby Day (with Lobby Day partner, ASPCA)
Schedule, speakers, and workshop descriptions
*Minor children (ages 17 and younger) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please complete the parental release form as a condition of registration.
You will be assessed a $25 administrative fee for canceling your registration through July 16, 2012. We cannot issue refunds after July 16, 2012. To cancel email email@example.com or call 1-888-259-5088.
Conference tracks are developed to help attendees focus on the sessions that interest them the most. It is not a requirement to stay within the same track when choosing sessions. TAFA features four tracks:
Sharpen your skills as an animal advocate and learn how to build effective campaigns with new and innovative strategies to bring back to your community.
Learning the Issues
New to the field of animal protection? Soak up the basics and hear from experts on a range of issues facing all animals.
Animals need the law on their side. Hear from attorneys, lobbyists, and others on how you can help usher in a new era of lawmaking and enforcement for animal protection.
Advanced Level (new this year!)
If you are a seasoned animal advocate and want to hone your skills, hear from experts on how to take the next steps to help advance animal protection.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet with your federal lawmakers and/or their staff to let them know how important animal issues are to you. We rarely get the opportunity to walk the halls of Congress and meet our elected officials so don’t miss this opportunity. We will be with you every step of the way and provide you with everything you need to be effective. Plus, lobby day is a fun and easy way to instantly become a citizen lobbyist. The skills you will learn can later be applied at your local or state level.
We hope to see you all there. The animals need every available humane advocate working on the front lines for humane legislation and this is a perfect opportunity to do just that!
How it works:
• During the registration process on the agenda page, indicate you will attend Lobby Day.
• Our lobbyists will make an appointment with your legislators and/or their staffs.
• Attend the mandatory "Get Ready to Lobby" training session (part 1) on Sunday, July 29 from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Lobby Day Training (part 2) from 10:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. is optional.
• On Monday, join us on Capitol Hill and put your new skills into practice by discussing important animal protection legislation during your appointment. We will all go to the capitol together and our experts will be available to answer any last minute questions.
• You will go to your appointments with The HSUS state director and other attendees from your state who are also attending the conference. This is a great way to meet new friends and advocates from home.
Back to Top
Credit card or check payment is accepted. If you choose to pay by check, kindly submit payment within 10 business days. You are not considered registered until payment is received. Print your confirmation email and send it with your check (made payable to "HSUS TAFA 2012") to:
HSUS TAFA 2012
2100 L St, NW
Washington, DC 20037