Above, please select "View by Month" and the dates will appear.
School Nurse Academy Modules
1. School Nurse Roles, Credentialing, Education Organizational Systems, School Nurse Supervision, Academy Overview. In Person 7 Continuing Education Contact Hours
2. Immunization and Child Health Disability Prevention; Legal Aspects in School Nursing Online 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
3. Clinical Assessment and Growth and Development Review In Person 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
4. Care Coordination: Multi-Tiered System of Support, Student Study Team, and Special Education Continuum; Required Staff Training Online 7 Hours Continuing Education Contact Hours
5. Medication Administration; Hot Topics in School Nursing; Financing School Health Programs In Person & Online 8 Hours Continuing Education Contact Hours
6. Safe Schools and Emergency Response Online 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
7. Population Health; Injury Prevention and Safety, Models of School Health Care; School Nurse Image Online 7 Continuing Education Contact Hours
8. Vision Screening Guidelines In Person; Expanded Learning Programs Online 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
All participants must provide their own computer. All participants must be able to access Media Fire. All participants must have internet access in order to successfully participate in the academy.
© CSNO 2017. All Rights Reserved.
The CSNO School Nurse Academy registration is only confirmed with payment in full. Until payment is received, status will remain as pending and will not be considered in final count.There mustbe a minimum of 5 participants registered for the School Nurse Academy.
Terms and Conditions
Forms of Payment:
Check, Credit Card or Purchase Orders. If using a purchase order, upon registering, please print the invoice (Right hand side) and submit to your business department for payment to CSNO. CSNO School Nurse Academy, 3511 Del Paso Rd. Suite 160, PMB 230, Sacramento, CA 95835
Once payment is received no refunds will be issued. Substitutions are welcome. Participant must be paid in full by the end of the first CSNO School Nurse Academy in order to receive future modules. In the event CSNO must cancel this event, participants will be refunded remaining portion of uncompleted academy amount.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in the School Nurse Academy, CSNO Events, School Nurses Foundation of California and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to CSNO's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities.
CSNO reserves the right to update the CSNO membership database with information provided by registrants.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing CEP#0426. Up to 60.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours available and included in CSNO Academy Costs.
The Teachers College of San Joaquin is offering 4 University Credit at $85/unit. University Credit is not included in CSNO School Nurse Academy price.
Please note continuing education contact hours and university credit may not be earned simultaneously. Participant may select one or the other, but not both.
Please note, meals are not included in the in-person training modules. Individuals will be provided a list of local resources and provided time to get lunch during the academy time.