Welcome to registration for Pushing the Boundaries: Excellence in Reference Services being held on August 3, 2010. Space is limited so please register early. Registration and payment must be complete by July 26 at 5:00 p.m. (CST) in order to participate in the webinar.
· Delivering user-centered service in a variety of reference modes and situations.
· Understanding the information seeking and communication behaviors across different generations, including Millennial students.
· Assisting users with rapidly changing technology.
· Beginning and ending service interactions on a positive note
· Understanding effective nonverbal communication strategies at the physical service desk and compensating for the lack of these cues in virtual environments.
Through this webinar, you will enhance your confidence in your ability to provide a high level of service to all library users.
he blogs at http://librarygarden.net/ and directs the Virtual Reference Bibliography at http://vrbib.rutgers.edu/. She is the 2010 recipient of the Isador Gilbert Mudge Award for distinguished contributions to reference librarianship given by the American Library Association, Reference and User Services Association.
*If you are registering on behalf of someone else please enter their email address and list them as the 'Attendee'