Welcome to online registration for the Missouri/Kansas PRIMA Annual Conference.
Registration is open to sponsors only at this time.
Please review the following levels of sponsorship before you begin registration:
2017 Midwest Conference on Problem Gambling and Substance Abuse Call for Proposal (CFP)
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Extended to February 10, 2017
Please take a moment to review the following information before you begin your submission.General Information
PLEASE NOTE: You will have 2 hours to complete your online submission once you begin. If your submission should time out, the data will NOT be saved.Proposals are currently being accepted for the 14th Annual Midwest Conference on Problem Gambling and Substance Abuse, which is sponsored by the Midwest Consortium on Problem Gambling and Substance Abuse. For consideration by the review committee, please complete the online form and all submission requirements no later than January 15, 2017.
- Presentations should reflect new and original work. Presentations may be 60 or 90 minutes in length and should include time for questions and answers.
- Titles and descriptions must reflect content related to problem gambling, substance abuse and/or mental health. The Consortium reserves the right to modify titles and descriptions as needed.
- Applications must be completed online.
- Applicants are encouraged to diversify their presentation delivery and to utilize presentation techniques that increase participant engagement.
- Relevance to the theme of the conference
- Replication (practical, can be adapted/adopted)
- Integration (of problem gambling, substance abuse and mental health)
- Impact (likelihood to be effective in enhancing participants' knowledge and skill level)
- Objectives (specific knowledge participants will gain)
Suggested Topics (Other topics will be considered)
- Emerging Issues in Addiction
- General Presentations
Submission Requirements (please have ready before starting the submission process)
- A completed online application
- Lead and Co-Presenter contact information. Lead presenter will receive all corespondance
- Title of presentation (to be used in conference materials)
- Description of Presentation content (maximum 300 words), including objectives (an application with titles and descriptions will need to be submitted for each presentation)
- Days you would prefer to present (subject to availability)
- AV Requirements (Wi-Fi not available unless requested)
- Brief biographical sketch of each presenter (to be used in conference materials)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae for each presenter. (This is essential for the committee to seek CEUs for the presentations. All selected presentations are submitted for potential CEU approval.)
Important Dates and Deadlines:
If you have any questions or require assistance in completing the online form, please contact Jamie Schieber, Custom Meeting Planners at email@example.com or by phone at 573-445-2965.
- Call for proposal applications deadline: January 15, 2017
- Proposal selection notification announcements: February 29, 2017
- PowerPoint presentations and hand-out materials deadline: March 15, 2017
- Conference dates: June 21-23, 2017