Skip to Content
Cookie Popup Test
Host Your Own Event
MCNPX-PoliMi Workshop, 2017
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
University of Michigan, Lurie Engineering Center
Johnson Rooms, 3rd Floor
1221 Beal Avenue
The MCNPX-PoliMi code is a modified version of MCNPX v. 2.7.0 that provides unique capabilities for simulating correlated-particle measurements and detector response. This workshop will introduce new users to the capabilities of the MCNPX-PoliMi code and acquaint experienced users with new features.
• What is Monte Carlo radiation transport and MCNP?
• Geometry: surface and cell specifications.
• Material and basic source definitions.
• Running MCNP and tips and tricks.
Days 2 and 3:
• MCNPX-PoliMi introduction
• MCNPX-PoliMi source capabilities, including new models of fission
• Spontaneous and neutron/gamma induced fission
• Alpha-n sources
• Combined sources such as MOX fuel
• Detector-response simulations with the MPPost code
• Organic scintillator (e.g. liquids and plastic)
• Capture detectors (e.g. He-3)
• Inorganic scintillators (e.g. NaI)
• Special detectors (capture-gated)
• Simulations of time-of-flight experiments
• Simulations of multiplicity experiments
Seating is limited; therefore, registrations will be accepted on first-come-first-serve basis.
Lunch will be provided.
Registration Deadline: May 1, 2017
Start Your Registration
Select registrant type
Professional, attending all 3 days ($400)
Professional, May 23rd only ($140)
Professional, May 24th & 25th only ($260)
Student, attending all 3 days ($150)
Student, May 23rd only ($50)
Student, May 24th & 25th only ($100)
View or Change Your Existing Registration
You can also register a group.
Event Contact Information
Interested in hosting your own event?
Your Privacy Rights
Quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for all event sizes.