In today’s dynamic health care environment, physicians need to be more effective leaders to ensure organizational and individual success. We need tangible leadership skills that build on the clinical knowledge and practical experience. Communicating your vision, motivating colleagues, leading teams, negotiating with payers, collaborating across silos—these skills enable physicians to compete for resources, lead change, influence policy, and overcome challenges.
The Berkeley Physician Leadership Program—a partnership of the Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership (CPHPL) at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health and the Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association (ACCMA)—is an innovative leadership program that was developed by physicians and UCB experts, for physicians. The program covers broad-based skills that strengthen physician leadership across specialties and modes of practice. Unique among leadership programs, this course will build on the solid foundation experienced clinicians bring to their work.
Each session provides a unique educational experience featuring nationally-recognized faculty and a dynamic, interactive format. The program is manageably sequenced and conveniently scheduled to accommodate busy physicians.
The program will provide a solid understanding of physician leadership and its importance in the emerging health care delivery environment. More importantly, participants will develop the tools needed to become effective leaders and make a difference. Participants will earn a UC Berkeley certificate of completion, and 17 hours of CME credits.
The program is now underway and registration is open for individual sessions. Space is limited.
FEES for Individual Sessions:
- $450 for ACCMA members (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code)
For individual sessions, registration will close 48 hours in advance. Upcoming session registration deadlines include:
- Strengthening Your Effectiveness as a Leader with Patrick Kerwin: register by Monday, February 13th
- Expanding Your Impact: Leading Teams and Organizations with Jo-Ellen Pozner: register by Monday, March 13th
- Making Your Case and Communicating Your Vision with Kimberly MacPherson: register by Monday, April 17th
- Achieving Your Objectives: Power, Influence and the Art of Negotiation with Jeffrey Oxendine: register by Monday, May 15th
- Making a Difference: Leading Change in Healthcare with Guest Panelists of Physician Leaders: register by Monday, June 5th
As we often have wait-lists for our programs, it is important that you contact us in a timely manner if you must cancel or defer your attendance. Cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com no later than seven days prior to program start. For those registered for individual sessions, registration may be transferred to a subsequent session no later than seven days prior to the session for which you originally registered. Replacements are welcome and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds are available after program start date. Unpaid balances are due in full.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.