SENG conferences prioritize recognition, understanding, and acceptance of the social and emotional needs of the gifted population. This year's event, "In our Hands, Creating New Possibilities" features 6 Keynote presentations, 8 distinct session strands and new in 2017 - Voices Live!
Persons interested in presenting must submit their proposal though this portal on or before December 30, 2016 at 9.00pmEST. Please select the strand that most effectively describes your submission.
1. The Creative Mind - developing creativity, creating; crossing boundaries and risk taking
2. Equity and Diversity - culture and ethnicity; diverse communities, traditions, heritages, LBGTQ and more
3. Connectivity - social and emotional differences, Outliers, relationships
4. Holistic Development – mental, physical, social, emotional and spiritual growth; multipotentiality; well-being
5. Educational Responses to Giftedness – differentiation; special programs in and out of school; curriculum
6. Multiple Exceptionalities – gifted with behavioral, learning, physical and/or social challenges
7. Families and Community – parenting and grandparenting; advocacy; communities; networking and support
8. Gifted and Grown Up – gifted across adulthood from young adults to elders; the millennials and Gen X; relationships; employ-ability
9. Voices Live - Voices is a SENGVIne column dedicated entirely to you and your observations as a gifted individual. This session strand affords individuals the opportunity to share their gifted experience in 30 minute presentation be it a story, poem, personal anecdote, painting, theatrical or musical performance.
Should you need to edit your submission you can return as needed; simply retain your user name and password. An individual can appear as lead presenter on no more than two sessions and can appear as a co-presenter on up to two more sessions. All sessions are reviewed based on similar criteria: theoretical soundness, relevance of ideas, innovation, timeliness, clarity, and ability to attract an audience. Note: SENG reserves the right to change the theme you will be placed under to best serve the needs of our attendees.
Be advised that the office does not have access to your login information.
Submission DEADLINE: December 30, 2016 9.00pm EST.
Accepted speakers will be notified by: February 15, 2017