The SafeTec Training Services Training Institute has a curriculum which compromises at least 80 hours of classroom time and 140 hours of clinical, and field training experiences. Our program follows the National Education Standards for EMS training. Our instructional staff ensure the highest quality of education and professional standards are upheld. Successful completion of the AEMT Program qualifies the candidate to take the National Registry of EMT's practical and computer based testing (to be paid by the student). Completion of the NREMT testing results in NREMT and Pennsylvania Bureau of EMS certification at the AEMT level.
This is a HYBRID course utilizes online, self learning (presentation/workbooks) coupled with weekly meetings for skill instruction/practice and testing. The physical meeting dates for this course will be each Wednesday weekly from 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Additional time outside of class will be required for completion of clinical time. Clinical time is scheduled around individual student availability. Additional time for weather or other cancellations may be required as needed. Course is scheduled to end on or about 01/18, 2018.
A non-refundable $50.00 registration fee is required to be considered for a seat in the course.
The fee for this course is $1,500.00. A payment plan is available for those who need it; The $1,500.00 course fee Includes student textbook, online resources, and one uniform shirt. A payment plan is available; $600.00 is due at or before orientation, remainder ($900.00) is due before the end of the sixth (6th) week of the course. A minimum of $100.00 is required each week. Failure to maintain the required weekly payments and/or to pay in full by the end of the sixth (6th) week of class will result in dismissal from the program without refund. Payment can be made via company check, cash, or money order. A $35 fee applies to all returned checks.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS (MUST PROVIDE PROOF BY ORIENTATION)
- Current PA or NREMT certification
- Reliable computer with internet connection
- Minimum age of 18 years prior to course start
- Valid Photo ID or Driver’s license
- Valid Social Security Number (Commonwealth Required)
- English language education at an 8th grade level-spoken, written, and comprehended
- Free from felony conviction (all criminal convictions require PA DOH/BEMS approval before beginning EMT training)
- Pennsylvania criminal background check - https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child abuse clearance - www.state.pa.us/ucmprd/groups/webcontent/documents/form/s_001762.pdf
- FEMA ICS-100 certification
- FEMA ICS-700 certification
- HAZMAT awareness level certification or higher
- Current PA Bureau of EMS approved basic life support CPR certification. Expiration date must be dated after February 22, 2017.
NREMT examination fees are the responsibility of the student. Currently the NREMT fees are; $115.00. NREMT and host psychomotor testing sites may charge additional fees. The fees are not controlled by SafeTec Training Services and can change at any time with or without notice.