The SafeTec Training Services Training Institute has a curriculum which compromises over 200 hours of classroom, clinical, and field training experiences. Our program follows the National Education Standards for EMS training. Our instructional staff ensure the highest quality of education and professional standards are upheld.
Successful completion of the EMT Program qualifies the candidate to take the National Registry of EMT's practical and computer based testing (to be paid by the student). Completion of the NREMT testing results in NREMT and Pennsylvania Bureau of EMS certification at the EMT level.
This is a hybrid course. All coursework is done online at the students convenience based on a course schedule provided. Physical meetings for this course will be held each Saturday from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Additional time outside of class will be required for completion of clinical time. Clinical time is scheduled around individual student availability. Additional time for weather or other cancellations may be required as needed. Course is scheduled to end on or about 12/09/17.
A non-refundable $50.00 registration fee is required to be considered for a seat in the course.
The fee for this course is $1,500.00. The $1,500.00 course fee Includes student textbook, CPR certification, and one uniform shirt. Payment can be made via company check, cash, or money order. A $35 fee applies to all returned checks.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS (MUST PROVIDE PROOF BY ORIENTATION)
- Minimum age of 16 years prior to course start
- Valid Photo ID or Driver’s license
- Valid Social Security Number (Commonwealth Required)
- English language education at an 8th grade level-spoken, written, and comprehended
- Free from felony conviction (all criminal convictions require PA DOH/BEMS approval before beginning EMT training)
- Pennsylvania criminal background check - https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child abuse clearance - https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Reliable computer and internet connection
NREMT examination fees are the responsibility of the student and are not controlled by SafeTec Training Services. For current testing fees please visit www.nremt.org.