Skip to Content
Cookie Popup Test
Host Your Own Event
2017 MARAMA SIP Training Course and Workshop
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:30 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:00 PM
The Gettysburg Hotel
One Lincoln Square
SIP TRAINING COURSE AND WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES
• Understand the legal basis and requirements for air quality state implementation plans
• Understand where to find information you need to prepare your SIP
• Gain information from experienced planners from EPA and the MARAMA region on best practices for preparing state
• Gain experience in presenting information about your program and issues
• Understand the perspective of other agencies on issues important to your agency
KEY TOPICS FOR SIP TRAINING AND WORKSHOP
Introduction to SIP Planning
• Statutory Framework and Regulatory Requirements
• Key SIP Planning Tasks
• Data Sources and Resources (monitoring, modeling, inventory brief overview)
• Work Products and Requirements for Submittals, Sanctions, Conformity, Re-designations
Key SIP Issues for the MARAMA Region
• Transport SIPs: status, issues, next steps
• What is RACT/RACM, and how much consistency is there? What other measures are needed?
• Ozone and PM and SO2 Attainment SIPs: status, issues, next steps
• Regional Haze SIPs: opportunity for consultation about Class I areas in NJ, WV, VA, NC
• Issues related to plans required under Sections 111 and 129 of the Clean Air Act
There is no registration fee for State and Local employees and for non-Federal speakers.
For Federal Employees, there is a $75.00 registration fee for all Federal Employee Attendees and Presenters.
Start Your Registration
State or Local Agency or MARAMA staff
Federal Employee (including Federal Presenters) - Registration Fees apply
View or Change Your Existing Registration
Event Contact Information
Interested in hosting your own event?
Your Privacy Rights
Quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for all event sizes.