As important as our relationships are, they are not always easy! Compassion for Couples (CfC) is a program designed to help us meet ourselves and our partner with greater awareness and compassion. CfC builds on the skills developed in the Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program and moves deeper into compassion between partners. Utilizing the skills of mindfulness and compassion, this program teaches how to build a strong and healthy foundation for relationships, and provides skills to help navigate the difficulties that arise within us and between us. While prior experience with MSC is helpful, it is not required.
Partners attend together and will learn to:
- Be more present with each other
- Identify shared values
- Build a base of warmth, security and connection
- Communicate with kindness and compassion
- Comfort yourself and your partner
- Skillfully relate to your partner in times of difficulty
- Gain a greater understanding of yourself, your partner, and shared relational patterns
This program is a fundraiser for Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. The facilitators, Michelle Becker and Chris Germer, are generously and happily volunteering their time. They look forward to meeting you at Asilomar!
Please note - The $795 fee is for tuition only and is per couple. Accommodations are extra and must be reserved directly through Asilomar: http://www.visitasilomar.com/.