ComDef 2017 - September 6th | Building on the successful ComDef 2016, where 35 nations participated with the United States in a lively and informative presentation and Q&A format, ComDef returns to Washington, DC to provide further insight, discussions and networking for government, military, academia and industry. The goals for the upcoming ComDef are as follows:-
- Understand how the US Defense Budget will shape the industrial base; understand the implications for each Service.
- Which programs are under threat; are there international angles?
- Will there be another round of mergers and acquisitions? Who will take the lead?
- If commercial technology R&D now outspends defense R&D, how will defense procurement barriers to entry be addressed?
- Is the industrial base now global and what are the implications.
- Will export control reform help or hinder the industrial base?
- Provide an overview and status report of the leading initiatives and programs designed to facilitate Coalition effectiveness
- Understand the budgetary implications of not engaging in international cooperation
- Determine key enablers for Cooperation to work
- Identify the proposed areas for future cooperation
- Identify the key industry partners and personalities
- Highlight successful interoperability activities and draw out their determinants
- Network with colleagues with shared concerns
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- policy staff
- procurement staff
- program office staff
- Industrial policy staff
- international agreements staff
- FMS staff
- R&D community
- International Cooperation Staff
- Security Assistance Staff
- Training and Doctrine Staff
- Defense Cooperation Attaches
- Service Attaches
- government relations executives
- business strategy executives
- business development executives
- sales and marketing executives
- merger and acquisition staff
- Aviation and defense financial analysts
- Think Tanks
- Defense media
The program subject to changes in topics, speakers and schedule due to circumstances beyond the control of the organizers.
CANCELLATION/REFUND/LATE REGISTRATION POLICY I understand that there are no cancellations after July 30th, 2017. Cancellations prior to July 15th will incur a 20% administration charge. Registrations after September 2nd, 2017 will incur a $50 onsite fee. Substitutions are possible at any time.