All tests should be well developed and testing practices beneficial. There is extensive evidence documenting the effectiveness of well-constructed tests in relation to supporting the validity of the test. Improper use of tests or interpretation of scores, however, can cause considerable harm to test takers as well as others affected by test-based decisions. This powerful two-day course provides instruction and engages participants in the design and development of test items and assessments. A pre- and posttest will be administered to measure the effectiveness of the training.
The active learning process will be used to ensure participants are fully engaged. Participants will be given the opportunity to develop test items using the Questionmark Assessment Management System. This course is designed for anyone involved in the test development, review and administration process, from novice to seasoned professionals.
The course will cover these topics:
• The Testing Process
• The Test Development Process
• Development of Learning Objectives
• Topic Structure Development
• Importance and Development of a Test Plan
• Cognitive Levels of Testing and Item Complexity
• Use of Correct Grammar and Effective Language
• Test Item Development
• Determining Cut/Passing Scores
• Reporting and Analytics
• Developing Pre- and Posttests