The Palouse is an incredible region of rolling hills filled with patterns of growing crops, rural barns, and ever-changing skies. It is breathtakingly beautiful with lush bucolic rolling green hills, reminiscent of Tuscany. The light and shadows play across the fields and hills providing infinite combinations of compositions to pursue. The Palouse is now considered one of the top landscape photography destinations.
This workshop is not only about taking exceptional landscape shots — it takes a very special twist. Canon Explorer of Light Parish Kohanim will teach you to take exceptional portraits using this amazing landscape as a background.
Where we're going:
• Steptoe Butte - It is the highest point in the region and a National Landmark. The road that spirals four times around the butte leads to breathtaking views of the Palouse, Blue Mountains and Bitterroots.
• The Palouse Falls on the Palouse River. It is 4 miles upstream of the confluence with the Snake River in SW Washington. The falls are 198 feet tall. (taller than Niagara Falls)
• Kamiak Butte State Park - Vistas of farm areas and there is more vegetation. We are likely to see birds, raptors and other wildlife.
• You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
• Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Parish Kohanim and support from the Canon Live Learning Team.
• Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R and EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 80D bodies.
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer.
What You Will Learn:
• Learn how to see that special light that makes the shot extraordinary, not only in landscapes but portraits.
• Parish will help you see your images and portraits in a totally new way. You will learn to compose the image before shooting.
• You will learn how direct your model/subject for the most glamorous images.
• The combination of this spectacular scenery and our models will offer extraordinary opportunities.
What you will see
The Palouse offers a pallet of dazzling varied landscapes from 200-foot waterfalls and rivers to 3,000 ft. high buttes and rolling verdant fields, mountains.
• Beginner (i.e. little to no photography experience)
• Amateur (i.e. some experience and working knowledge of photography terms and basic camera operation)
• Advanced Amateur (i.e. comfortable with manual camera operation, most photo concepts, workflow, and editing)
Why Learn With Canon
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. In just a day or two, this fun, hands-on workshop will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside like-minded photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. You’ll have all the attention you need to further develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.