Location: University of California Libraries, Berkeley, CA
Dates: January 25-26, 2018
Pre-conferences will be held from 9am-noon on Thursday, January 25
UnCamp will begin at 1pm on January 25 and end by 5pm on January 26
HTRC UnCamp 2018 aims to facilitate the creation of a national community focussed on improving research use of the HathiTrust corpus through computational analysis. The UnCamp will discuss topics relevant to understanding and utilizing the HathiTrust Digital Library corpus within the modern computational research eco-system. This includes discussion of practices and experiences in mass-scale data mining, visualization, and analysis of the HT collection, with the goal of improving the quality of access and use of the collection by means of the HTRC Data Capsule and other affiliated research tools.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Computational Text Analysis
- HTRC Tool Development and Community Engagement
- Non-Consumptive Research & Analysis of Copyright-Protected / Restricted Text
- Digital Pedagogy and Text Mining Curricula
- Workset Publishing and Text Data Sharing
- Workset/Corpus Creation - “Demystifying HT Metadata”
- HT Research Reproducibility
- Text Mining Case Studies
Full information is available on the HTRC UnCamp 2018 website, including details on local hotels and travel.