Alliant International University is excited to present the Au Pair Weekend program, "Experience America," offered in San Diego. This unique and fascinating program helps you, as an au pair working in the United States, to gain the most from your American experience.
This program can satisfy the U.S. Department of State au pair educational requirement. It is very affordable and can be customized to fit your needs.
Make a Difference and Discover San Diego
$500 tuition + $15 registration fee + $150 Food/Materials/Activity Fee.
Food/Material/Activity Fee will be collected on first class day.
Please Note: A $50 LATE REGISTRATION FEE APPLIES WHEN REGISTERING LESS THAN ONE MONTH BEFORE CLASS START
Housing IS ONLY provided for students who sign up for housing through the registration site. The registration link for housing will be included in the registration confirmation email.
CLASS MEETING SCHEDULE
Fridays: 1:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sundays: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Mondays: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please note that class times are always the same for each weekend. Attendance is mandatory during the times listed above.
Take advantage of this opportunity to interact directly with Americans through a number of unique learning opportunities, designed to help you enjoy and make the most of your time abroad. Through a fun and interesting combination of classroom discussions, fieldtrips, community engagement, and other activities, you will learn important skills for dealing with the cultural and personal challenges that international visitors in the U.S. often face.
COURSE WORK REQUIREMENTS
In addition to attending all hours of class-time, you must complete three pre-assignments per course to prepare before coming to Au Pair Weekend. We also offer follow-up activities and assignments to help you earn more hours.
Select from a variety of classes, assignments, and activities to earn up to 80 hours!
• Coursework includes classroom hours, activities, excursions, plus related assignments such as goal setting, journaling, analysis, community engagement, and service-learning experiences.
• Pre-assignments help prepare you for class, and follow-up assignments solidify what you've learned to help make the most of your experience in the U.S. Register early so that you'll have plenty of time to complete your pre-assignments. Assignment details will be sent to you after you register. If you DO NOT receive an email within seven days of registering for a course, it is your responsibility to email your Program Coordinator to ask for the pre-assignment instructions.
• Check with your au pair agency concerning hours and credits, as requirements vary with different agencies.
CONTACTING YOUR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
You may contact your Program Coordinator, Allison Adams, by email or phone, but email is preferred.
Phone: (619) 354-5299
If a medical emergency prevents you from attending class, you must provide documentation from a doctor. Documentation will allow you to either reschedule for a later weekend or it will allow you to receive a partial refund. If this situation applies, please contact us for assistance.
In order to provide educational and enjoyable courses to au pairs at very affordable prices, we can only issue tuition refunds for cancellations requested at least three weeks prior to the course starting date. Here’s how it works.
• The registration fee is never refundable.
• No refunds will be issued within three weeks of the course start date. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made, so please do not ask.
• If you request a refund at least three weeks prior to the start date of the course, there is a $50 cancellation fee.
• You are not eligible for a refund simply because you fail to show up for class.
• Refunds are processed back to the credit card used for registration. If the credit card number is no longer active, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of cancellation.
All refund requests must be emailed to us with the following information:
• Course name
• Course dates
• Reason for dropping
• Telephone number where you can be reached
• Host family's name and email address
• Your permission to allow Au Pair Weekend to drop the course on your behalf