This 48.0 Paramedic Refresher Course is intended for not only Paramedics needing to renew state and or NREMT certification, but also Paramedic Students who need a state-approved refresher for remediation and or simply needing additional continuing education hours. The course is delivered in an environment conducive to quality, non-intimidating education, and delivered in ways to assist the participant in absorbing valuable information to enhance knowledge and skills to improve patient care outcomes. The course covers all EMT, AEMT, and Paramedic Transition topics, led by EMS subject matter experts.
This course is delivered live, on-site, in four, 12-hour blocks. Course dates are: February 2, 3, 9, and 10, 2018 from 0800 hours - 2000 hours (8am - 8pm) Central Time. Overview information will be emailed at completion of registration.
Content delivered is within the National EMS Education Standards and Scope of Practice meeting the NREMT's National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) and traditional refresher guidelines.
- Utilizes current, innovative educational delivery methods.
- Based upon the new Education Standards and Scope of Practice objectives for the
- Includes the new TN EMS pediatric and category hour requirements for license renewal.
- Provides 48.0 of the required 60.0 hours to renew NREMT Paramedic using the new NCCP
- Nationally accredited CAPCE (formerly CECBEMS) Course #17-BENCH-F2-5004, approved
for 48.0 hours at the Advanced level.
- TN EMS Course approval is distributed at course.
- Includes AHA Basic Life Support (CPR) Update (renewal); AHA ACLS, basic and advanced skills sessions with NREMT required skills verification, as well as, CISM/CISD; SIDS and Domestic Violence updates.
- Additional information is distributed upon receipt of completed registration.
Add-on, NOT REQUIRED additional continuing education hours are available at steeply discounted prices:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), February 10, 2018 beginning at 2pm, 6.5 CEH, $69.00
- ITLS Advanced Provider, February 11, 2018,beginning at 8am, 16 CEH, $89.00
- Pediatric ITLS Provider, February 11, 2018 beginning at 2pm, 8 CEH, $89.00
Continuing Education Hours for the refresher course are approved through both the Tennessee Division of EMS and Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) (formerly CECBEMS), the national accrediting body for EMS continuing education courses and course providers.
After selecting the Registrant Type below, the message "You must register a group of 35 or less." will appear, Disregard this message. 35 is the maximum class size and does not apply to individual registrations.