Brief workshop description:
Join award-winning adventure photographer and Canon Explorer of Light, Tyler Stableford, for this action-packed workshop in the heart of Utah’s Canyonlands country. Tyler will provide detailed classroom instruction before each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment.”
The magnificent Red Cliffs Lodge is our base for the workshop, with a multimedia classroom, a vineyard and restaurant, cabins alongside the Colorado River, among many other amenities.
Where we're going:
On the first day, we will explore the magnificent sandstone arches and towers of Arches National Park, learning ways to capture the stunning landscape -- as well as a nighttime shoot where we will practice capturing starscapes under the arches.
On day two, we venture back to Arches National Park and photograph landscapes and rock climbers; here we will practice sports photography and environmental portraiture. We will finish the day capturing the beautiful sunset. During the third day, we will shoot action scenes and portraits with authentic cowboys wrangling horses and cattle.
• Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Tyler Stableford and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
• Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 80D bodies
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Professional Inkjet Printer.
What You Will Learn:
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
• Composition techniques for landscape and action photography
• Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
• Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
• Starry sky/landscape night photography techniques
• Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
• Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.