Event Fee: $100.00
Registration ends March 31st
Registration and Continental Breakfast – 8:00am to 8:30am
Carol Durham, EdD, RN, ANEF, FAAN
Professor and Director, Education-Innovation-Simulation Learning Environment at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
“Re-Envisioning Simulation to Prepare Practice-Ready Nurses”
1. Discuss the NCSBN Simulation Study recommendations and potential impact on simulation programs.
2. Discuss the NCSBN Guidelines for Use of Simulation in Pre-licensure Nursing Programs potential impact on simulation programs.
3. Discuss the NCBON and NCAC rules for simulation.
4. Discuss the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation to guide the development of quality simulations.
5. Examine simulation-based learning as a way to enhance the focus of learners on quality and safety.
6. Examine debriefing techniques of choice to facilitate reflective thinking.
Overall summative outcomes:
Upon completion of the NCBON 15th Annual Education Summit, the participant will be able to consider ways to advance simulation-based learning in their programs and to use debriefing to facilitate reflective practitioners.
The North Carolina Board of Nursing will award 5 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
The North Carolina Board of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.