The Ghost Town
Located 50 minutes south of Las Vegas, this historic town has a wide variety of photographic opportunities. Vintage cars, eclectic antiques, rustic barns and even a plane wreck movie prop—all with an epic desert landscape. And while the town itself is an inspiring subject for landscape and macro photography, you will also have the opportunity to work with professional models to capture unique portraits and fashion images. Whether you enjoy landscape, macro, portrait/fashion photography or all three—this workshop is for you!
9:30AM — Meet at Mandalay Bay Shuttle & Tour Lobby.
10:00AM — Depart Las Vegas for the Ghost Town.
11:00AM — Large Group Session: Up to Speed with Speedlites
12:00PM — Small Group Sessions: Natural Light Portraits, Speedlite Portraits and Landscape/Macro
2:00PM — Lunch/Break
3:00PM — Open Shooting Session: Into Golden Hour with all models and locations available
4:30PM — Evening Session: Low Light Photography
5:30PM — Open Shooting Session: Low Light and Speedlites
7:00PM — Depart the Ghost Town for Las Vegas
What You Will Learn
• How to create visually compelling images in dynamic locations.
• How to work with and pose professional models—both male and female.
• How to work with Canon Speedlites—indoor and outdoor, daylight and dusk, with and without modifiers.
• How to creatively light with speedlites and colored gels.
• How to utilize Canon’s wireless technology for instant capture and review on tablets.
• How to make the most of available light, with and without reflectors.
• How to capture breathtaking portraits, landscapes and macro photos.
• Charter bus to/from the Ghost Town.
• Boxed Lunch, snacks and water.
What to Bring
• Your camera and lenses.
• Fully charged batteries and memory cards—remember, it’s a long day of shooting.
• Tripod—recommended for landscapes, and evening sessions.
• Weather-appropriate clothes for the Nevada desert in February—a hot day and cool night.
This workshop is limited to 30 students, with multiple shooting stations for a variety of learning and shooting opportunities. Your three Canon instructors and support staff will provide personalized attention and instruction. Not a Canon photographer? You can join us too! Just keep in mind that advanced features of our Canon Speedlite system with not work with other camera brands.
All skill levels are welcome. Whether you are getting started with photography or looking for unique additions to your professional portfolio—this workshop will have something for everyone.