Due to the recent announcement by OSHPD (https://www.oshpd.ca.gov/FDD/Regulations/PINs/67.pdf) under PIN 67 and the code change for 2012 IBC and 2013 CBC FireWise Consultants is pleased to partner with the International Firestop Council to provide a four hour Firestop Product Training. This class is geared towards helping those interested in becoming a Premier Certificate Holder from the IFC for Firestop Special Inspections by attending a single class by an unbiased expert rather than four separate trainings by Firestop Manufacturers sales members. This class will follow the IFC's guidelines and be an unbiased, hands on, four hour training class that will help attendees obtain a full understanding of all categories of products available in the Firestop Industry. This class will take the place of the Manufacturer Training as listed in the OSHPD PIN 67 or for those looking to obtain product training for an IFC Premier Level Certification. This training will include and not limited to the following items:
• Brief review of 2016 CBC Changes and Code Requirements as they relate to Firestop products.
• Understanding of where Firestop Products are installed and which work best for each type of construction.
• Hands on review of Firestop Industry Products as provided by IFC Manufacturer Members (Sealants, Sprays, Putties, Wrap Strips, Collars, Cable Pathways, Outlet Box Protection, etc).
• Overview of correct installation methods for each type of product.
• Review of inspection techniques for each type of Firestop product.
• Good vs Bad installation review. (Hands on as well as example photos)
• Understanding product information for all categories, eg: Storage Temperatures, Application Temps, Shrinkage, Cure Times, Cured vs Uncured, etc.
• Understanding Mineral Wool, its importance and how to inspection/install properly depending on the type of condition (Penetrations, Joints, Curtain Wall)
• When are additional supports required (wire mesh, clips, pins, hangers, etc).
• Review of Cable Pathways.
• Review of Membrane Protectants.
• Review of Manufacturers Installation Instruction and Product Data Sheets.
This list is an example of the main topics that will be covered during this training program to ensure you are properly educated in all Firestop Product Categories and their applications. Attendees will be provided access to Product Data Sheets for every Firestop product by an IFC Manufacturer Member on a cloud based site to allow up to date information well after the class as well as a customized spreadsheet helping attendees easily navigate each products characteristics and tolerances. All attendees will also be given a certification stating they attended an IFC Approved 4 hour Firestop Industry Product Familiarization Class. This certification can be submitted directly to the IFC to show that you have meet the necessary requirements of product training to become a Premier Certificate Holder for Firestop Special Inspectors.
Please contact us for further information:
FireWise Consultants, LLC
International Firestop Council Member and Premiere Certificate Holder from the IFC