The special inspection of Firestop systems was added to the 2012 IBC. This now has been adopted into state codes across the US. Inspection to ASTM E2174 and E2393 has also been required by NFPA 1. This seminar is aimed at individuals who will be conducting those inspections. The seminar will provide an understanding of the various listed penetration and joint systems to be inspected, explain when the special inspection requirements apply, and how to comply with the code-required ASTM methodology for sampling and visual and destructive testing.
The course will include a hands-on portion in the afternoon, working with actual assemblies.
The class is taught by one of the US's most experienced firestop special inspectors.
This course will provide those looking into the Intertek IQP Certification process meet one of their prerequisites (http://www.intertek.com/IQP/firestop-inspector/ ), the requirement for a 1-day hands-on inspection class.
• Understand IBC special inspections for firestopping
• Understand how the products are tested and listed
• Recognize tested and listed system vs. engineering judgments
• Understand role of the IFC Firestop Inspectors Test/Certificate and of 3rd party accreditation
• Be able to implement the procedural requirements of ASTM E2174 and E2393
• Learn the proper methodology to conduct a proper destructive test
• Learn what is required during a visual inspection
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SEMINAR MAY BE CANCELED IF AN INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT REGISTERED. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY NONREFUNDABLE TRAVEL (AIR, HOTEL).