The ‘MPOWER Project, Counter Extremism Project and the Permanent Missions
of Norway and Jordan will convene a robust group of global
cross-sector experts, practitioners and policymakers to have highly nuanced,
end-to-end conversations on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE). Discussions will center on prevention and its role at the nexus of law enforcement tactics, development, CVE and fighting the proliferation of extremist ideology today.
Please join us at the Scandinavia House on October 17, 2018 for an all-day interactive forum - the Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) Forum. The basic agenda and discussion topic overview for the Forum includes:
- 8:30 am - 9:30 am: Registration/Breakfast/Networking
- 9:30 am - 1:00 pm: Keynote Speakers and Expert Panelists
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Lunch/Keynote Screening
- 2:15 pm - 4:15 pm: Breakout Sessions
• Breakout Topic 1: Messaging and Online Recruitment
• Breakout Topic 2: Community Engagement and Awareness
• Breakout Topic 3: Early Detection/Prevention (Family, Friends, Educators)
• Breakout Topic 4: Content Takedown/Regulation and Intervention
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Final Panel - Breakout Session Key Insights
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Networking Reception and JM Berger's 'EXTREMISM' Book Signing and Remarks
Breakfast, box lunch and reception are included.
Please register by Monday, October 1.