Join John Williams of WGN and Yellowbrick Professionals for a Parents & Conversations Forum.
This forum is for for high school age adolescents and their families.
There have always been special challenges to parenting teen-agers – responding to growing independence, changes in parent-child and peer relationships, unfolding sexuality, and uncertainty regarding the future, whether it be starting high school, applying for college, or anticipating what life will be like after graduation. Parents & Conversations provides a forum for an exploration among parents as to how these developmental trials have evolved in the post-millennial period.
Questions to be explored include:
• What new challenges have emerged for parents?
• What new social pressures exist for teens?
• How is social media affecting teens and parent-child relationships?
• What’s happening regarding moral development and the relationship to authority?
• Who is responsible for a teen’s safety?
• What should parents be aware of and how to be informed?
Join with other parents for an exploration of these questions, and more, as Yellowbrick and WGN team up to create an open discussion of parents’ experience.
There is no charge for this forum. Seating is limited.
CEU Credits are available for professional psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and counselors. Please check the box on the Agenda page when registering.