This one-day, foundation level course has been designed for dentists who want to develop fundamental skills in implant dentistry.
Through interactive lectures and hands-on workshops, delegates will explore the different aspects of both patient assessment and placing and restoring dental implants.
The course will cover where implant dentistry fits in with existing treatment options, how to get the practice ‘implant-ready’, patient suitability and assessment and how to converse with and present treatment options to optimise the patient experience .
Delegates will also develop their understanding of surgical placement as well as receiving hands on experience in restoring dental implants.
Delegates will have the opportunity to increase their understanding of the different training pathways available within implant dentistry and will develop an appreciation for the next steps towards a fulfilling career within this sector.
• Understand the role of dental implants and their clinical indications
• Be able to describe the clinical procedures involved in surgical placement and the
restoration of dental implants
• Gain experience in taking an impression for a dental implant restoration
• Gain experience in the delivery of the definitive implant restoration
• Understand the options available to pursue a career within implant dentistry