Instructor: Kimberly Reaves
Times: 8:00am – 11:00am / 2:00pm – 5:00pm
What to bring to class
Massage Table, sheets, lotion, towel, bolster, seat and an open mind.
What would you do if you knew you had client's that have experienced severe stress? What kind of "hands-on" therapy works best for them? How will you know if you are helping or harming? Is there a special way to work with PTSD?
These are some of the questions that will be covered in this class as well as:
- Demographics of stress, trauma and PTSD
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of PTSD
- The Autonomic Nervous System's role in stress and trauma
- The unspoken language of stress and trauma
- Learning how to work effectively with anyone suffering pain, stress, injury, surgery, cancer and those having difficulty healing.
- Techniques that bring the client back to homeostasis
What you will learn
A better understanding of the signs/symptoms of PTSD, Stress and trauma
Techniques to calm the Sympathetic Nervous System
The ability to aid the client in reaching homeostasis and healing.