2019 CEU Administration Disclosure
BreakFree Intervention skills training equips participants to understand the history and methods of various intervention models in comparison to Brad Lamm’s proprietary invitation to change, paired with long-term family recovery. Through education, case studies and role-plays, participants learn how to intervene using this approach to initiating family recovery.
CEU Administration Information: 17 Classroom Continuing Education Units are provided by CE-Classes.com and the PA Certification Board. Ce-Classes.com has national and state approvals to provide CE’s to a wide range of mental health professionals including Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Drug Counselors, Nurses and Psychologists. PA Certification Board approves CEUs for interventionists and the Certified Interventionist Professional (CIP) certification. 6 additional CEUs are available for completing the Video Learning Series within two weeks of the workshop dates.
Presenter: Brad Lamm, CIP
Brad is an author, teacher and interventionist best known for helping people make life-enhancing change alongside Oprah, the Dr. Oz Show, Today Show and others. Brad is the founder of Breathe Life Healing Centers, a sophisticated treatment program that is helping America recover through trauma-informed evidence-based clinical solutions steeped in spiritual awakenings. A trauma survivor, Brad began his own recovery journey in 2003 from drugs, alcohol, bulimia and nicotine. Brad’s life and work demonstrates how even the most challenging case might not only recover, but offer help and hope to those in crisis. www.BradLamm.com
Co-Presenter: Kathleen Murphy, M.A., LPC
Breathe Life Healing Center’s founding Clinical Director, Kathleen possesses a world of knowledge and a depth of experience, founded on 30+ years of experience working with people with substance abuse issues complicated by relational trauma. Kathleen makes use of didactics, psycho-education, lectures and experiential group processes that are heavily influenced by attachment theory and psycho-dramatic techniques to assist clients in reframing and reclaiming the self as a being in relationship.
Classroom Learning Series: (17 CEUs available)
- Identify the four types of intervention covered in the history of interventions including basic techniques used in each method.
- Identify personal and professional ethical duties and boundaries, utilizing an ethical system of business guidelines and personal conduct.
- Identify the obstacles that can stand in the way of a successful BreakFree intervention and the skills necessary to overcome them successfully.
- Describe the steps necessary to create a Family Map and explain the important role it plays in the BreakFree Intervention method of intervening.
- Recognize methods of applying BreakFree Intervention components to enhance current business practices.
BreakFree Intervention skills training is designed to meet multiple skill levels while advancing each participant’s knowledge base. From beginner to expert, everyone learns from being in the same room together for three days, exploring best practices and new ideas.
The classroom is comprised of a wide range of professional backgrounds including those interested in making a career change, new interventionists, professionally certified interventionists, clinicians, social workers, marketing and outreach professionals and others working in the addiction, recovery and treatment fields.
Agenda: Day One (8:30-5:30):
- BreakFree Intervention: How It Works
- Utilizing the BreakFree Method
Day Two (8:30-5:30):
- Process Addictions + Mental Health Interventions
- Special Populations + Cultural Congruency
Day Three (8:30-1:30):
- The Business of Interventions
Video Learning Series: Home Study (6 additional CEUs available)
- Disease Model of Addiction
- Harm Reduction + Duty to Warn
- Motivations for Change + Common Change Strategies
- Ethics of Intervening
- Intervention Models, Methods + Techniques
CE-Classes.com Approval Statements:
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
Policies + Disclosure:
- Refunds are provided if cancellation is completed fourteen days prior to the event. No refunds are given if cancelled within fourteen days of event, including late registrations. Registration administration fees are non-refundable at any time.
- ADA accommodations: if you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office no less than fourteen days in advance of the event so the venue administration can make required accommodations.
- Any grievance, complaint, or other feedback may be made in writing to the organizing office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. All grievances, complaints, or other feedback will be addressed within five business days. A resolution will be offered or negotiated accordingly.
- There is no commercial support for this program nor are there any relationships between the CE Sponsor, presenting organization, presenter, program content, research, grants or other funding that could reasonably be construed as conflicts of interest.
CEU Administration provided by:
Certificates of Completion are awarded to participants at the end of the last day and include PCB CEUs. All other CEU certificates are awarded online through CE-Classes.com after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a key-code, and completing an evaluation form.
All correspondence and questions can be sent to Tara Filip, Event Coordinator: email@example.com