GoYoga University's mission is to provide impactful and comprehensive training programs that give yoga practitioners the confidence and tools to share yoga in their communities.
Our 200 Hour Teacher Training Program is rooted in learning the foundations of yoga as well as finding your unique expression of the yoga practice. This program will give you a deeper understanding of the yoga tradition and the tools to be able to confidently begin teaching a well-rounded yoga class. You will also be guided on a journey to discover your unique purpose in the industry and through expanding your knowledge of different teaching methodologies, help you find your authentic teaching style. We will enjoy daily physical and meditation practices, deep discussions on a variety of topics and inspiring group activities.
• Get equipped with a foundational yoga sequence that serves as a blueprint from which to start teaching and is easily adaptable to various styles
• Confidently integrate of cueing methodology into your teaching
• Understand principles of effective hands on assisting and learn basic assists
• Develop a basic understanding of the meaning of yoga, yoga philosophy and ethics including an introduction to the Eight Limbs of Yoga , Yoga Sutras and The Business of Yoga
• Experience various styles of meditation, learn how to incorporate a regular meditation practice into daily life and learn to teach meditation to others
• Understand the power of purpose and how to shine in your yoga niche
• Get equipped with theming and sequencing methodologies to help create memorable and unique classes
• Gain a deeper understanding of applied energetic and physical anatomy
• 140 classroom contact hours
• 40 practice contact hours
• 20 homework hours
o Required Reading: Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste; Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates; Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope; The Key Muscles of Yoga, Scientific Keys Volume 1 by Ray Long
Weekend 1: Fri 10/18 - Sun 10/20; Fri 4-9; Sat 8-8; Sun 8-6
Weekend 2: Thurs 11/21 - Sun 11/24; Thurs 4-9; Fri 1-9; Sat 8-8; Sun 8-6
Weekend 3: Thurs 12/12 - Sun 12/15; Thurs 4-9; Fri 1-9; Sat 8-8; Sun 8-6
Weekend 4: Fri 1/9-Sun 1/12; Fri 4-9; Sat 8-8; Sun 8-6
Weekend 5: Thurs 2/6 - Sun 2/9; Thurs 4-9; Fri 1-9; Sat 8-8; Sun 8-6
Paid in Full Option - $2400 if registered by 8/31/19; $2700 after
Payment Plan Option - $300 payment made by 8/31/19 and 5 subsequent payments of $450 charged on (10/1, 11/1, 12/1, 1/1 and 2/1)
**Tuition includes an unlimited membership that will run from 10/1/19-1/31/20
Cancellations – Students receive a refund minus $300 if a cancellation request is made in writing before 21 days of the program start date. There are no refunds for cancellation requests made within the 21 day start date window.
Make-up Hours – No more than 10 total hours of training are allowed to be missed. All training hours must be made up in a manner decided upon by your trainer.
Certification – Certificates are issued via email within 10 business days of the training completion date, once all hours, requirements and payments have been fulfilled.