For 50 years, the Nueva School has led the field of gifted education as an independent school with a dual purpose: to serve gifted students and to share our resources, talents, knowledge, and innovation with the larger community. We are experts at meeting the specialized educational needs of gifted learners. We know giftedness is a concept that can be confusing and nuanced.
Join us at the Giftedness Institute to explore the complexities of the gifted learner and learn best practices for teaching and nurturing the gifted child.
Topics covered in the Institute include:
- What is giftedness and who are gifted students?
-The lived experience of gifted students
- Social-emotional needs of the gifted student
- Differentiating for gifted students: Excitabilities, intensities, asynchrony, perfectionism, and movement
- Scaffolding for twice-exceptional students in our classrooms
- Recognizing, supporting, and valuing gifted students of color
- Insights into assessment
- Understanding the unique needs of gifted LGBTQ+ students
Institute hours are: Thursday, August 8: 8:30 am-5:30 pm, and Friday, August 9: 8:30 am-4:30 pm.