The IEEE Broadcast Technology Society will be hosting the ATSC 3 Roadshow at PBS DC. BTS will be hosting the one-day course on the new ATSC 3 digital television (DTV) transmission system, taught by expert Gary Sgrignoli of Meintel, Sgrignoli, and Wallace, the noted digital TV transmission consulting firm.
This course will develop a basic understanding of the ATSC 3 digital transmission system's Physical Layer, provide attendees with practical application ideas and the progress of the spectrum repack and ATSC 3 deployment. Attending the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society's ATSC 3 Roadshow will earn attendees SBE credits towards re-certification and can facilitate preparation for the upcoming SBE ATSC 3 Specialist Certification exam.
ATSC3 System Overview
- Performance Benefits
- Flexibility and Extensibility
- Key State-of-the-Art Technologies and Applications
Generic Data Transmission Fundamentals Review
ATSC3 Digital Transmission System: Physical Layer Details
- System Architecture
- Data Signal Formats
- Physical Layer Pipe (PLP) Data Streams
- Data Frame Structure and Configurations
- Forward Error Correction, Interleaving, & Constellations
- OFDM Modulation, Pilots, and Guard Intervals
- Expected Performance and Data Capacity versus Robustness Tradeoffs
- Applications such as Fixed, Handheld, and Mobile
Optional ATSC3 Technologies Available
- Transmitter & Channel Response Identification
- Single Frequency Networks
- MISO, Channel Bonding
Recommended Practices: Mod-Cod Parameter Selection Considerations, Preliminary Laboratory & Field Performance Results
Examples of Transmission Parameters for Possible Deployment Scenarios
Time for Q and A will not only be allowed, but encouraged throughout the all-day Power Point presentation.
In-depth seminar notes will be available for download to all registered attendees in addition to a short written summary of key system information.