Skip to Content
Host Your Own Event
8 Hr IFC Firestop Special Inspector Training
Friday, April 12, 2019 8:00 AM
14284 Danielson Street
Phone: (925) 523-3050
The special inspection of Firestop systems was added to the 2012 IBC. This now has been adopted into state codes across the US. Inspection to ASTM E2174 and E2393 has also been required by NFPA 1. This seminar is aimed at individuals who will be conducting those inspections. The seminar will provide an understanding of the various listed penetration and joint systems to be inspected, explain when the special inspection requirements apply, and how to comply with the code-required ASTM methodology for sampling and visual and destructive testing.
The course will include a hands-on portion in the afternoon, working with actual assemblies.
The class is taught by one of the US's most experienced firestop special inspectors.
This course will provide those looking into the Intertek IQP Certification process meet one of their prerequisites (http://www.intertek.com/IQP/firestop-inspector/ ), the requirement for a 1-day hands-on inspection class.
• Understand IBC special inspections for firestopping
• Understand how the products are tested and listed
• Recognize tested and listed system vs. engineering judgments
• Understand role of the IFC Firestop Inspectors Test/Certificate and of 3rd party accreditation
• Be able to implement the procedural requirements of ASTM E2174 and E2393
• Learn the proper methodology to conduct a proper destructive test
• Learn what is required during a visual inspection
Start Your Registration
Select registrant type
IFC Premier Level Certificate Holder
Government employees (AHJ)
Currently Working As Firestop Inspector
Training to Enter Firestop Inspection
View or Change Your Existing Registration
You can also register a group.
Event Contact Information
Interested in hosting your own event?
Your Privacy Rights
Quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for all event sizes.