The UWF Summer Festival Chorus is open to singers of all musical levels from the greater area of Pensacola, ages 18* and up. UWF SFC is a week-long music immersion experience that occurs twice each summer. The group has performed such works as the Haydn Lord Nelson Mass, Fauré Requiem, Bernstein Chichester Psalms, and numerous smaller works.
Participants in Summer 2019 will prepare two concerts. Session One explores various works by John Rutter & Mack Wilberg, two of the most prolific composers of our time. Session Two is titled Choral Masterpieces and will feature individual movements from landmark works of the choral repertoire (Brahms, Beethoven, Thompson, Orff, etc.). Emphasis will be made on proper choral tone, technique, musicality, and delivery. Each week will culminate in a Saturday evening concert offered free to the public.
**While previous choral experience is preferred, the course is open to students of all musical levels. Ages 18 and up permitted. Students aged 17 will be permitted, but must provide a letter of recommendation from their choral director (church or school).
Session One: Rutter & Wilberg: June 3-8, 2019
- Highlighting two of the most prolific composers of our time, this is a concert experience not to be missed! We will be joined by a core of instrumentalists on the Rutter Gloria! and other works.
- Rehearsals June 3-7, 7:00-9:30pm; and June 8, 4:00-5:30pm
- Performance June 8, 7:30pm @ UWF MainStage Theatre
Session Two: Choral Masterpieces: June 24-29, 2019
- With pieces by Brahms, Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Bach, Orff, Thompson, and others, this memorable and musical session will feature movements from landmark works of the choral repertoire.
- Rehearsals June 24-28, 7:00-9:30pm; and June 29, 4:00-5:30pm
- Performance June 29, 7:30pm @ UWF Music Hall
UWF Main Campus
Room 140, 224, or 228
- Session One only: $60
- Session Two only: $60
- Sessions One & Two: $95
- Session One only: $40
- Session Two only: $40
- Sessions One & Two: $80
**“Student” applies to either HS or collegiate level student
Scores are provided courtesy of the UWF Music Dept. An additional cost will be incurred if participants wish to keep their scores at the conclusion of the event:
- Session One (Rutter & Wilberg): $45
- Session Two (Choral Masterpieces): $15
- Sessions One &Two: $60