This class focuses on treating Sports Injuries and Orthopedic Conditions of the Neck and Shoulder with a multi-modality approach, which includes Tui Na, acupuncture protocols, point prescriptions, and needling techniques. Students will also learn to appropriately use herbs externally (gaos, liniments etc) as well as internal herb formulas that treat the Neck and Shoulder. Finally, specific rehabilitative Qi Gong exercises conditions of the Head and Neck will be demonstrated and practiced, so that students are able to teach the exercises to patients.
This 2-day weekend intensive combines lecture, demonstration and practice. Clinical efficacy and combining different modalities to effect maximum results will be emphasized throughout the class. Our goal is for you to walk into your clinic Monday morning and effectively use these techniques and principles.
Treating the Neck and Shoulder is part of our Advanced Gong Fu Sports Medicine Series. These advanced courses focus on practical treatment of injuries and orthopedic conditions using Tui Na, Acupuncture, Moxibustion and related techniques, Internal and External Herbal Therapy, and Rehabilitative Qi Gong Exercises.
Gong Fu Sports Medicine: Treating the Neck & Shoulder is a 2-day seminar:
DATES: November 9-10, 2019
TIME: 9am - 5pm (Saturday and Sunday)
You Will Learn:
• Symptoms of neck and shoulder pain
• Causes of neck and shoulder pain
• Principles of treating the neck and shoulder
• Tui Na treatment for neck pain
• Tui Na treatment for shoulder pain
• Modifications of Tui Na treatment according to type of neck or shoulder problem
• Acupuncture “opening moves” for the neck
• Acupuncture “opening moves” for the shoulder
• Sinew channel treatments
• Wind in relation to neck and shoulder pain
• Modifications of acupuncture treatment according to type of neck or shoulder problem
• Key internal herbal formulas for shoulder pain
• Key internal herbal formulas for neck pain
• External application of herbs
• Rehabilitative Qi Gong exercises for the neck
• Rehabilitative Qi Gong exercises for the shoulder
Must be a licensed acupuncturist or student currently enrolled in an acupuncture program. Other licensed professionals who are certified to perform acupuncture or "dry needling" may also attend this class.
If you are not certified or licensed to perform acupuncture, you make take this class but can not perform acupuncture in the class.
INSTRUCTOR: Tom Bisio
Qi Gong for Sports Injuries & Orthopedic Conditions is NCCAOM approved for 14 CEUs
Class limited to 26 people.