3-day bootcamp teaching the basics of automated software testing for technical professionals. Covers Ruby/GIT/Cucumber setup, environment setups, writing Gherkin tests, page object models, domain specific language, setting up hooks and data strategies and test triage.
Students in this course should have experience with:
• GIT/version control tools
• Programming in Ruby/other scripting language (recommended, not required)
• Programming in other languages (will help learn Ruby if unfamiliar)
• Basic programming concepts (if/else statements, loops, classes, objects, etc.)
• IDEs such as Rubymine/Eclipse/Visual Studio/etc.
• CSS selectors and HTML (intermediate experience)
Badge of Completion: Automated Software Testing Level 1
Jeremy Davis has been in the field of software development for over 15 years with the last 7 years being focused on Automated Software Testing using Ruby Cucumber. Jeremy started his career as a Marketing Database Administrator and then evolved into custom VBA application development working for a small software company. Jeremy then wanted to get more into web based technology which led to serving on automation teams at Nationwide Financial Services, Chemical Abstract Services. In 2013 Jeremy joined Franklin’s development team and created the test stack we use to support our student facing applications. Jeremy currently leads the automation effort at Franklin supporting several custom applications both in the browser as well as native mobile applications using Appium/Ruby. Jeremy is very passionate about Automated Software testing and developing tools to make automation easier and more efficient.