The Janus decision has created many changes and challenges that affect union membership and the way we process dues at both the state and local levels.
CEA’s new member engagement and financial workshops provide local Association leaders and officers with the essential information to remain a vibrant and strong local Association. The workshops will focus on how to properly handle your financial records, collect dues, and how to treat former agency fee payers who are now nonunion members.
Attend one of eight free workshops across the state and learn:
• Effective strategies to help you approach, recruit, and sign up new members
• New membership engagement strategies
• Updated membership processing requirements
• New financial responsibilities of locals
• How to inform members of the benefits of the union, including special services and
The workshops are free for all local Association officers and include lunch or dinner.