Welcome to the first Scrum Coach Retreat in Australia which will be held in Crown Plaza Coogee hotel with gorgeous view of beach.
What is Scrum Coach Retreat?
Unlike a conference or gathering which sometimes only scratch the surface on topics, Scrum Coaching Retreats provide any current or aspiring Agile coaches the opportunity to engage purposefully with peers in 3 days, dive deeply into practices, enhance skills, and broaden perspectives to better serve organisations. The word "retreat" was explicitly chosen to be different from camp, gathering, open-space, or conference. It represents a deeper and more meaningful experience of a smaller group of people. The intent is to create a time for people to gather in a purposeful way for focused learning and growth.
Checkout - Scrum Coach Retreat APAC 2014 Summary
The retreats are based around a number of principles:
● Retreat: The event creates time and space for focused learning and growth.
● Scrum: Learning is done using an empirical framework called Scrum.
● Teams: Teams are the heart of Scrum and are a key differentiator at the Retreats.
● Deep: Teams go deep into single topics, rather than covering many broad areas.
● Long: Learning, collaboration, and relationships continue long after the event.
● Shared learning: The event is designed for deep, collaborative, shared learning.
● Two sleeps: Connections are made when our brains are quiet; the two nights of sleep allow for creative idea formation.
What are others saying?
● "It was a fantastic experience. It was the first time since embarking on my Agile adventure that I felt like I wasn’t the only one going through the challenges and difficulties I and my teams were experiencing. "- Sam Birkinshaw
● "Sharing ideas with some of the most experienced Scrum coaches in the world gave me fresh insights into my own work. And it was fun!" - Alan O’Callaghan
● "The best part of a retreat for me is to collaborate with experienced coaches intensively, which is a great learning and networking opportunity. We seldom have chance to work this way with so many The best part of a retreat for me is to collaborate with experienced coaches intensively, which is a great learning and networking opportunity. We seldom have chance to work this way with so many experts." - Daniel Teng
Who should attend?
This event is NOT restricted to CECs/CSTs only. We welcome anyone who has a passion to explore and improve their coaching approach. If you have a question for the organisers, please use this email: