2019 Rule Addendum
(Any new, altered, or otherwise changed rules/items for 2019 KATS season will be listed here as they are approved by the KATS Governing Body. )
- All anglers must be in line by 6:00AM for check in. All fish must be submitted for scoring by 3:00PM, whether they are submitted in person or via the app.
- Social Division will launch a delayed 15 minutes after Pro division launches.
- To qualify for Kayak Angler of the Year as well as the KATS Classic Championship we will be going back to 4 out of 5 tournaments.
- Prefishing Rules will remain the same with one week off limits for all lakes.
- Pre fishing or practice period from a POWER BOAT, not a motorized kayak, is PROHIBITED for TWO weeks before the event. Standard prefish or practice period applies, plus one week.
- The HAWG TROUGH will also be the only approved measuring device.
- The Junior Angler will be invited to fish the KATS Classic Championship securing the 27th spot. (The 26th spot goes to the Previous year’s Classic Champion if they do not qualify.)
- The individual’s names who place in both divisions, Pro and Social, will be removed from the General Raffle. This includes those who win prizes in lieu of a payout.
- Anglers who have finished “In the Money” for the pro division during their KATS career will be prohibited from fishing the social division.
- Social Anglers who finish in the top 5 of the social leaderboard at the end of the 2019 season will need to move up to the pro division for 2020
- There are Mandatory Captains Meetings for everyone at designated place including road runner events.
- Designated Launches are announced for roadrunners at start of season as well as maps that show approved launching locations.
- KATS reserves the right to use polygraph test at anytime throughout the season and reserves the right to disqualify an angler from that event based on a failed or inconclusive polygraph test. The runner up will either automatically take the win or be liable to also take and pass polygraph test. Points are forfeit for the event if disqualified. NO refunds or compensation of any kind will be provided as a result of a failed or inconclusive polygraph.
- PFD and Hawg Trough Check will take place during check-in, please bring with you.